Skip to content

January 2017

1235»

Comments

• But I am not liking this daybill business...;)
    You need not to worry madame, I'm only into daybills made down south, really down south. ;)
  • Starring in the Princess Of The Dark film was Enid Bennett. She an Australian actress born in York, Western Australia.
  • I'm really happy on getting these 2. Really wanted to go for the "Nobleza gaucha" poster, but funds were unavailable...
  • They are loverly.  I was so tempted to bid on a few, but I am trying really hard to behave.  It's not easy...
  • Pan Americana!
  • A few more from this weeks haul, double ups, but nice ones for a change. :)

• My camera phones now playing up and I can't seem to get it off of square mode, so in the mean time it's over to close up cropped singles, apologies for incomplete images.

Not the 'Screaming Eagles' I was hoping for.

• edited January 2017

Excellent. Keep them coming.

Home From The Hill. This is a daybill title from my list of missing images on ''Where Are These Daybills? '' Would you mind downloading this image onto this thread for me ?

High Society is a daybill printed for New Zealand only.

Screaming Eagles is a daybill printed for New Zealand Only. A different film distributor in New Zealand than in Australia. This daybill pales in comparison to the Paramount Richardson Studio produced Australian daybill. This poster should have International Films printed on the cropped section of poster that is not showing.

• edited January 2017

Removed as I repeated above comment in error.

• HONDO said:

Excellent. Keep them coming.

Home From The Hill. This is a daybill title from my list of missing images on ''Where Are These Daybills? '' Would you mind downloading this image onto this thread for me ?

High Society is a daybill printed for New Zealand only.

Screaming Eagles is a daybill printed for New Zealand Only. A different film distributor in New Zealand than in Australia. This daybill pales in comparison to the Paramount Richardson Studio produced Australian daybill. This poster should have International Films printed on the cropped section of poster that is not showing.

Thanks for the info, once I've resolved the camera issue I'll be able to take a better image for your thread. 

i was certainly happy to find a few of these in the pile, my better half is a GP, so the Doctor in Distress will look great framed up in her office! 

Also pleased to find the Legions Last Patrol, always preferred that title to 'commando' and I agree the Sreaming Eagles artwork is shocking!
  • It's interesting how many daybills surface from New Zealand sources. Man In The Middle daybill is rare and It's All Happening had been  near impossible to sight until now and even posters from it's country of origin the U.K. are scarce.
  • HONDO said:
    It's interesting how many daybills surface from New Zealand sources. Man In The Middle daybill is rare and It's All Happening had been  near impossible to sight until now and even posters from it's country of origin the U.K. are scarce.
    Hopefully I'll be able to surprise you with a few more next week.

The bulk of last weeks finds came from one source, however a number of these I found bound with string at the back of an old junk shop, tied in with various theatrical/operatic and Sorcar magic lithographs from the 40's & 50's
  • Nice collection of daybills! 
  • Nice collection of daybills! 
    Thanks, many more to follow, only they may end up on the 'February 2017' thread :) 
  • edited January 2017
    Continuing with the breakdown of last weeks haul.

Warning: Yellow Heavy!!  B) 

• Also, a better shot of 'home from the hill', will also post in 'where are these daybills?'.

Sporting a very strange choice of location for the ratings stamp. 

• HONDO said:
    It's interesting how many daybills surface from New Zealand sources. Man In The Middle daybill is rare and It's All Happening had been  near impossible to sight until now and even posters from it's country of origin the U.K. are scarce.

These were previously thought rare but now at least ten Man In The Middle and six It's All Happening daybills turn up here. It just goes to show that we really don't know what is out there and what is likely to surface at any time..
  • edited January 2017
    Eeeeeek my accounts switched over to Spanish... any ideas how to switch it back to the queens english por favor?
  • HONDO dijo:
    HONDO said:

These were previously thought rare but now at least ten Man In The Middle and six It's All Happening daybills turn up here. It just goes to show that we really don't know what is out there and what is likely to surface at any time..
    I got the last ones ;) 

• I hadn't seen 'This Sporting Life' before except in insert/onesheet form. 
  • I hadn't seen 'This Sporting Life' before except in insert/onesheet form. 

I thought I had possibly seen one at some stage, but cannot be certain. I am now thinking maybe I was confusing it with that of another title. It's great new titles are turning up , so keep them coming.
  • Stone litho mania! Cool posters collectaholic!
  • Good stuff!
  • Stone litho mania! Cool posters collectaholic!
    Thanks, it was quite a shock to find these and to be honest I almost walked right past the roll.

Ps - the names Wil. 
  • Nice haul so far, Wil!

I can only imagine the excitement of finding a "stash" of vintage paper! I know John and David have had some really good success here.

• 110x75 said:
    Ok, here's what I got. A gorgeous argentinean daybill for "Princess of the dark" (made in 1917, released down here around 1928). Pictured is Enid Bennett, who plays a blind girl, dreaming of a prince coming to her rescue. What does she get instead? The hunchbacked son of the town's drunkard... Early film writers were awesome!!
    The poster was designed at "Cristiani Estudios", owned by Quirino Cristiani, the guy who invented cartoons.

And this other daybill for "Down grade".

Just by a rare coincidence my birthday was just few days ago. So yes. I shall gladly accept this as a birthday present  (send it over to me !!!)
    Hehehehehehe

• Ja! Clever girl... ;)