Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Support Our Sponsors:

Be qick to save!

Now open!

Advertise here - click to read how

Buy Liberty Bonds And War Savings Certificates Mystery

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

''What's Buzzin' Cousin ?'' ( 1943 ) Australian One sheet. This poster was printed for the Australian release that took place in 1944. What I find interesting is the " Buy Liberty Bonds And War Savings Certificates'' line at the bottom. As this was applicable to the U.S.A., why is it appearing on the Australian poster? This wording  doesn't appear on the Australian daybill, and as far as I can see on any other U.S. posters printed for this film, or does it appear on any other U.S. film poster whatsoever from World War 1, as well as any Australian posters. The only thing I can think of is that in the film Ann Miller and chorus girls appear to dance a patriotic number, with a backdrop of a curtain, with a  large poster attached with the words '' For Victory Buy United States Defense Bonds Stamps''. Was this a possible reason, but is so, why place it on an Australian one sheet ?

Lawrence

Comments