Skip to content

How do you store your posters?

2»

Comments

• SoDavid said:
    Yes, when you run out of mylar sleeves divide the posters you have left by the number of members here and send to each.
    So I finished going through my posters and I'm left with one spare.  So David what's your address?

That is friggin hilarious.  So David, when you received this poster did it go straight to the back of the Dunny Door???
  • Matt asked for it...
  • David said:
    Matt asked for it...
    So it's on Matt's Dunny Door??

Looks like a future classic for Kings Cross 2050.

• On a serious note, temperature and the storage of posters is a topic I have little knowledge of however deem to be of extreme importance.

I would love to have a map drawer to store posters, however they are cumbersome and ugly and my wife would laugh at me If I said I wanted to keep one in the house.

My only other alternative is the garage.  I however feel that the extreme range of temperatures would not be conducive to the posters staying in prime condition for an extended period of time. 

Any advice in this regard would be appreciated.  The only thing I can think of arguing with my wife is to place a map drawer under the pool table but that will look dingo ugly....  
  • Most of us will vote that when it comes to poster discussions in the family home you should argue with your wife...

...let us know how that turns out.

• Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• I have a flat file in the garage, mind you it's mostly the modern stuff. I haven't had a problem so far except for dust. So I have brown paper on top of the pile in each drawer.

• Depends on how hot the room/garage gets but humidity is the only real issue and we don't get it here in Melbourne.

In a perfect world you have posters stored between 20 and 22 degrees with relative humidity never over 50%, you might even run a dehumidifier - then again, in a perfect world I'd be [insert wish list here].

However, IMHO Mylar sleeves, a flat file and keep it from away from the hot rooms/side of the home and you should be good....try running that past the wife.
  • RobRob
    edited October 2017
    Thanks heaps for your advice.  As for arguing with the wife I have a couple of simple sayings:

Number 1.  Women have many faults, men have but two, everything we say and everything we do.

Number 2.  I am always in the shit, it is only the depth that varies....................

=) 

• I am rarely in deep shit with the wife, to be honest never more than ankle deep, however when she turns my on my head...
  • If I wasn't over 6 foot tall I would require a snorkel........
  • Rob said:

Number 1.  Women have many faults, men have but two, everything we say and everything we do.

Never a truer word spoken on this forum!

But seriously, I have two apparently fugly plan chests in my study and if I didn't have them, I would be pulling my hair out more than I already am!

I don't get it...isn't it your house too? Surely a simple plan chest in a corner or up again a wall isn't too much to ask...now if you wanted to make it the centrepiece of your lounge room, I can understand her misgivings.

She can always put a pretty foo foo table cloth or something similar on top of it to cover its ugliness up.

• I once got plans drawn up for a flat file to be made of recycled timbers, a semi rustic piece that could easily take pride of place in almost any office/lounge etc - I priced it up to have handmade and imported (unlike metal flat file drawers that are mass-produced), but the reality is most, if not all, collectors are tightasses and would not pay.
  • I must be in the minority then...I just chuck em in draws and tubs and hope for the best.

I figure they survived all this time just fine without being molly coddled, don't need to start now!  80s paper the exception...

• Rob said:

Never a truer word spoken on this forum!

But seriously, I have two apparently fugly plan chests in my study and if I didn't have them, I would be pulling my hair out more than I already am!

I don't get it...isn't it your house too? Surely a simple plan chest in a corner or up again a wall isn't too much to ask...now if you wanted to make it the centrepiece of your lounge room, I can understand her misgivings.

She can always put a pretty foo foo table cloth or something similar on top of it to cover its ugliness up.

She can always have a pretty foo foo table cloth or something similar.....

Ves, I haven't laughed like that in ages.

Thanks for your sage words of advise I may take you up on your recommendation!! 
  • =)  My pleasure...glad it put a smile on your dial!

We chicks in the hobby come in handy from time to time ;)

• For poster storage does anyone use anything such as these??

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/272682932918?chn=ps&dispItem=1 

I use similar items with other things I collect such as stamps and anything I would like to keep moisture away from.  For Map drawers in a garage these may assist in keeping any form of moisture out of the posters??

Thoughts anyone??
  • Rob said:

Thoughts anyone??

• Ha ha ha ha, so you deem overkill David???