Skip to content

Anjohn International Limited

Anjohn International Limited was a private company. Date of incorporation in Hong Kong  12/ 10 /1982 and dissolved 2003.

The following films were released in Australia on either 16mm, 35mm or both include the following -

ACQUASANTA JOE ( Italy )

THE ABDUCTORS ( Greece )

GENOCIDE ( Japan )

LILL, MY DARLING WITCH ( Japan )

MURDER IN THE DEEP (  Japan )

All the above five films listed have duotone daybills.

On my ''Daybill posters printed for 16mm release only'' thread three more images are available along with details on the films.  

Comments

• Genocide is amazing!
  • Oh I had a Murder in the Deep ages ago...
  • Found some I used to have...

The Kokusai Girls - Australian Daybill

Chase That Man - Australian Daybill

The Brave Bunch - Australian Daybill:

• Very good Ves. Not much known about these films. All the three daybills have  post 1971 rating classifications on them. The Brave Bunch ( 1970 ) classified only for public exhibition on 16mm only in 1974. No classification information available on the other two titles.

• Eight from the past to feast your eyes on.
  • Really nice Lawrence, the duotone actually works pretty well. 

• edited July 2023
    Excellent find, as press sheets from little known small independent Australian film distributors such Anjohn International are rarely seen. Hopefully a daybill will turn up one day for High Ice ( 1980 ).This film would appear to have been one of their latter released films. Due to the new  November 1971 classifications appearing on their other known daybills it appears that the companies product was released in Australia in the 1970s and into the early 1980s. Needless to say that very few bookings are likely to have taken place for these films.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Let's add The Jet Set ( 1972 ) and Tiger Gang ( 1971 ) to Anjohn International Australian produced daybills. They were printed in the usual similar style duotone versions that Anjohn International always printed their daybills in.

This now makes a total of ten daybills produced for Anjohn International that I am aware of.

A final comment here is that I believe that the quality of the Robert Burton produced Anjohn International daybills is well above the usual standard of duotone produced daybills from around this period of time.  I particularly like the Genocide, The Kokuasai Girls and The Jet Set designs.
  • John said:

The press sheet doesn't mention whether posters were printed but you would think there is a good chance that there might have been a daybill printing. High Ice was apparently made for TV but had limited Internanational release as a film.
  • Genocide is the pick of the bunch. It sells for around $100.
  • The more I research into Anjohn International the more interesting it becomes.

I intend to add some more information here in the future.