Skip to content

July 2018

Comments

• Also ref earlier Carve Her Name post, Matt has now come to the rescue with a daybill and a Kiwi one at that! Will definitely be a framer. 

Wow! Great artwork! Nice!
  • Impolite Canadians! (Can 1S):

My kinda horror flick:

Jonathan Burton 24x36:

• The BB & CC poster is great! :)
  • Image may contain 3 people people smiling text

Image may contain one or more people and text

Image may contain 2 people

Image may contain 4 people hat and text

No automatic alt text available

i hadn't heard of the Aussie film until i saw the daybill, but happy to grab it.
  • Nice variety of pickups there. Sweet.
  • Nice as always Rick.
  • Nice Alice Cooper Rick, never heard of that title before.
  • OK, Biggest purchase in years, I'd first off like to Thank Mark Hockman of Vintage movie posters for locating it for me. Do send him a list, or have a look at his site, great fellow.

This has been a Unicorn of mine for longer than I care to think about, Had the FOH Stills, and Pressbook for years, but could never get this for one reason or another, but now this is all mine... Thanks Mark.

• Oh, and just incase you don't know, this is the first release UK title for A+C meet Frankenstein..
  • Fantastic Paul - I really like that one
  • Thanks Chris, it's been a long time coming..
  • Nice Paul!
  • Well done Paul its a stunner
  • It's a great felling getting a Unicorn checked off the list. Congrats Paul!
  • Sure is, Thanks Matt..
  • Congrats Paul!  Always nice to cross one off the list, and spectacular one at that!
  • excellent Paul
  • edited July 2018
    A few holes/tears, but should hopefully come up ok once backed.

Think they could have also used a slightly larger 'A' stamp! 

• Nice one, Wil! Clean, bright copy! Will look great after a goood backing! And yeah, kinda think a bigger ratings stamp was in order!  ;)
  • You can never go wrong with Clint!  Nice work.
  • Someone should do a study on 3 sheeters that are 2 or 3 separate pieces vs. 1 complete sheet (I nominate anyone other than myself ;) )
  • A couple more titles for the fledgling war collection (both staring George Peppard by chance).

The Blue Max

Operation Crossbow 

Trying to keep this collection just to Daybills and the odd Quad that falls within budget, however also grabbed the Aussie One Sheet as the portraits are far superior.

• Yes the artwork of the main stars is superior on the W. F. Schey one sheet compared to the Burton daybill. In New Zealand only, you also had ''The Great Spy Mission'' stamped on your posters as well, which didn't appear on the original Australian daybills and one sheets.
  • Indeed! Operation Crossbow 1Sht is really nice! 
  • Indeed! Operation Crossbow 1Sht is really nice! 

Yeah, nice pickup Wil!
  • Paul said:
    OK, Biggest purchase in years, I'd first off like to Thank Mark Hockman of Vintage movie posters for locating it for me. Do send him a list, or have a look at his site, great fellow.

This has been a Unicorn of mine for longer than I care to think about, Had the FOH Stills, and Pressbook for years, but could never get this for one reason or another, but now this is all mine... Thanks Mark.

I salute you quad master Paul! Congrats on that one!!!

• It's ALL about Bacall's eyes!  :D

• Wowzers! Great score, loving RWAC! 
  • Well done Chris! I imagine dark passage is a key boggy daybill to cross off your list  :)