Skip to content

September 2018

Got two posters in today but could only take a photo of one. Road to Utopia daybill

And there is a progress report for someone in the photo.....98% gone.

Comments

• Really like that one Matt! 
  • WOO HOO!

One of the nicest of the Crosby/Hope Richardsons :)
  • Great poster, Matt! Love the artwork! :triumph:
  • Love that Road to Utopia.  I have some lobbies, but that is so much nicer.
  • Lucky fellow, I love the Road films, and that poster is jollyfine..
  • Love it! Great score Matt.
  • 1951 - Two of a Kind

1961 - King of the Roaring 20s

1946 - The Verdict (definitely needs some TLC!)

• 1948 - Street With No Name (my first and probably last UK door panel - 20x60! - but you rarely see this format at all let alone a noir)

1950 - Highway 301 - R61 (finally acquired the maniacal German artwork of my dreams!)

1944 - Passage to Marseille (Bogie - 'nuff said =))

• Nice work Chris, The Verdict is great!
  • Fantasic Chris! I see you are expanding your crime noir paper empire into the 1960s with King of the roaring 20  ;)
  • The Emperor Waltz 

Song of Surrender

Just gave it de-acid wash, now a bleach bath and hopefully I'll get that snipe off. Don't like my hopes as there tons of tears on the borders and under the snipe. 
  • Matt said:

Just gave it de-acid wash, now a bleach bath and hopefully I'll get that snipe off. Don't like my hopes as there tons of tears on the borders and under the snipe. 
    Do you know if the title 'The Sin Of Abby Hunt' appears under the snipe Matt ?
  • Some beauty's starting off the month guy's. Aussie heavy as usual ;) 

Another classic war film to the collection. The UK one sheet is my favourite, but this daybill has a charm of its own.

The One That Got Away

• Man its too hot in here...this thread is smokin!!
    Well done Matt and Will.. !

• HONDO said:
    Matt said:

More information on the snipe. As late as April 1949 The Sin Of Abby Hunt was the title of the film that was eventually to be released in the U.S.A. as Song Of Surrender on October 28, 1949. On September 17 1949, over a month before, the following appeared in print.''Academy award-winning fashioners of Buttons And Bows, Jay Livingston and Ray Evans, are working on a tune to be known as Song Of Surrender, which the studio wants as a title to succeed The Sin of Abby Hunt'. It would then appear that here in Australia Richardson Studio had already printed a daybill with the title The Sin Of Abby Hunt appearing on it, before the very late title change news was received.
  • Oh and another Daybill (albeit a re-release).

The Lady Vanishes 

• Wonderful poster acquisitions, Matt and Chris! Definitely some real beauties there!
  • HONDO said:
    Matt said:

Yeah, I had to look it up though.
  • Matt said:
    The Emperor Waltz 

Song of Surrender

HA!  Emperor's Waltz! :)  Funny how things work out.

Good luck on the Sin of Abby Hunt resurrection!  YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Some beauty's starting off the month guy's. Aussie heavy as usual ;) 

Another classic war film to the collection. The UK one sheet is my favourite, but this daybill has a charm of its own.

The One That Got Away

Really liking this one.  Congratulations!
  • Finally! Can tick Searchers daybill off the list!!

• @Chris Street with No Name is very nice and that Bogart just jumps out at you!

@Matt, Emperor Waltz is down right amazing! Love the artwork and color! Keep us updated re: Sons of Surrender. 

@collectahollic, Lady Vanishes is very nice, love the portrait! and One That Got Away is really cool! Neat artwork/color, kinda reminds me of Great Escape, but not as busy & crowded.... 

• Lady Vanishes is very nice!
  • Searchers is a classic
  • Gee Sven that Searchers is in great cond. Grats!
  • @Sven-Searchers DB is very nice! Congrats!
  • Congrats on finding the original release Sven!
  • Sven said:
    Fantasic Chris! I see you are expanding your crime noir paper empire into the 1960s with King of the roaring 20  ;)
    Out of necessity haha!
  • Thats all!
  •  @ Sven

Glad you like The Searchers Daybill Sven, Look after it for me. Was hard to part with :(