Skip to content

June 2015

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Super sexy Anita - nice Charlie!

Re: Julie London, always thought her eyes were too wide apart

The Seven Little Australians is a 1940s re-=release?
  • Nice Rick.

You guys need to put together and Australian only film thread... I might have missed it though.
  • Good job Rick (although I have never heard of the movie)
  • Butterfield 8 is  R66 but I am sure you know that.

Seven Little Australians is either a late 1940's or early 1950's re-release.

Due to the distributor being National Films Of N.S.W. I tend to think early 1950's.

Sandra Jaques one of the stars was formally an Australian model when she married in 1950.

The 7 Little Australians daybill is quite nice. John has the original 1939 version which he may like to post an image of for you and also David to see.

Hondo

• Geesus fellas, eye popping gear!!!
  • edited June 2015
    Private Detective (1939) - also released in Australia in 1939.

Another drip feed from the Under the Floorboards collection ;)
  • Cool noir! Feed us more david , we're hungry!
  • edited June 2015

Dad Rudd M.P  blue duotone  is 1950's re-release.. 

Hondo

• Is that odd it was released in Australia the same time as the USA ?
  • Private Dick? No probably not, the film would have beaten the war to these shores. During the war it was a lot more difficult
  • David said:
    Private Dick? No probably not, the film would have beaten the war to these shores. During the war it was a lot more difficult
    Yep i was talking about dick. Ah ok makes sense before the war. My father in law would generalise that movies always took years to reach Australia...dinner topic next time i catch up!
  • David said:
    Private Detective (1939) - also released in Australia in 1939.

Please advise the printer's please David. Nice to see Jane years before see cut her hair short.

Hondo

• Hackett Offset Print Syd Melb
  • Thanks David.

Hondo

• Thanks Hondo
  • Night John-Boy
  • edited June 2015
    Nice Private Detective....what's that I see under it though...more water stained paper? :-? :D
  • edited June 2015
    Nice Private Detective....what's that I see under it though...more water stained paper? :-? :D
    Yup, and if you squint really really hard...

You'll give yourself a headache!
  • sorry double-up on the Space Monster, but I do like it. Wyrmwood is  a new Aussie horror movie, video poster is likely the only one to get.
  • Always liked that 13 Ghosts!  Think it has a soft spot in my heart because I think the film is awesome...
  • Nice haul Rick!
  • Nice pick ups Rick.
  • Hello Randy...LTNS
  • Hello David. Sorry I haven't been around much. Just been so busy. Matt reached out to me on FB and we had a nice long talk. I explained to him why I haven't been around much. Just been so busy with life trying to make a life and get ahead where I work and things are looking good in that aspect. But only time will tell when the owner opens new location. If he does then I will get part ownership in any new store that I run. So only time will tell.
  • Yeah, it was good to catch up. Life does get hectic at times.
  • Indeed it does. A lot has been going on in the last 8 months. From my mother passing away all the way up to my boy being born end of next month. Matt knows all about what has been going on and I can tell you it has been hectic.
  • You're pregnant? Congrats Randy!
  • Well the lady is pregnant lol. After 3 girls I am finally getting a boy. It is about time