Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Australian 3 Sheets

1235»

Comments

• JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    I have had two Jaws 3 sheets in recent years. Sadly they have both been sold but they are fantastic posters and would look great when linen backed.
    John

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    My observation regarding Australian 3 sheets, apart from them being rare, is that the majority of available poster images of this style are from the 1960's, then followed by the 1950's, making these two decades accounting for the vast majority of known Australian 3 sheet posters. Smaller examples exist from the 1970's and very few from the 1940's. None from the 1930's when during this decade it appears that some overseas 3 sheets were also used here in Australia and none after the 1970's when they were no longer printed here.
    Lawrence
  • collectaholliccollectahollic Member Posts: 890 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    John said:
    they are fantastic posters and would look great when linen backed.
    They certainly are. My daybill and one sheet are off for backing now, I image the 3 Sheet would look stunning in comparison.
    edited August 2018
    HONDO said:
    Like the "Get more out of life, go out to a movie" Tagline. 
    W.F.Schey designed and printed one and 3 sheets for Paramount Pictures,  with the promotional tagline.
    @HONDO

Another example of that tag line in use Lawrence (under the shadow).

Post edited by collectahollic on
    edited August 2018
    Excellent Wil. Would you please confirm that the printer is W.F. Schey Pty.Ltd. as it is very hatd to read. Although the film was released in the U.S.A. in late 1955, due to the backlog of unreleased Allied Artists product that Paramount acquired in 1958, the film didn't receive an Australian release in Australia until late 1959. This now has the tagline confirmed as being used in late 1959 as well as 1960.
    Lawrence
    I'll have to dig it out again Lawrence, but pretty sure it was. The daybill was Robert Burton though.
    I'll have to dig it out again Lawrence, but pretty sure it was. The daybill was Robert Burton though.
    Thanks Wil and no hurry. From memory the daybill was a nice Richardson studio design that Robert Burton printed..
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Ten Commandments 3 sheet

Godfather Part II

The great Gatsby

Quo Vadis 3 Sheet:

Serpico 3 Sheet:

The Ten Commandments is nice Ves, just a little to biblical to display in my home :) 
    edited September 2018
    HONDO said:
    The '' Get more out of life Go out to a movie'' tagline was used on a limited number Paramount Pictures posters circa 1960, but only for a short period of time. This wording was included within what appears to be a flying banner which appears on your poster.This exact promotional wording was revived by the distributor Filmways in the late 1970's, and into the early 1980' in a slightly altered shaped banner style that appeared on all their posters.

As far as I have worked out W.F.Schey Pty.Ltd. designed and printed posters for Paramount Pictures were the only ones in 1960 that had included the promotional tagline. The Psycho Australian daybill and one sheet printed by a different printer or printers doesn't include the tagline. The Paramount W.F.Schey printed House On Haunted Hill 3 sheet has the tagline but the Australian daybill from Richardson Studio / W.E.Smith doesn't. Another example is The Bellboy one sheet also printed by W.F.Schey, whereas the Australian daybill from the Richardson Studio / W.E. Smith doesn't. As W. F. Schey weren't known for producing daybills, it appears then that only a limited number of W.F.Schey designed and printed one and 3 sheets for Paramount Pictures,  with the promotional tagline were ever produced. This in my eyes Wil makes this poster a little different, as well as being very rare.
    We now know that an Australian one sheet of House On Haunted Hill exists, and has the ''Get more out of life, Go out to a movie'' tagline printed on it, and the printer also being W.F. Schey. There is also another Paramount W.F.Schey printed Australian one sheet that I have just become aware of as well, with the tagline also printed on it. The title being Joy Ride ( 1958 , which was released in Australia in 1960. The Joy Ride daybill from Richardson Studio / W.E.Smith doesn't have the tagline printed on it. This then would reinforce my thinking that the tagline was only printed on W.F.Schey produced one sheet and 3 sheets circa 1960. 
    Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Apparently the bottom 2/3 of a three sheet from 1933:

-Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

edited July 31
    The '' Get more out of life Go out to a movie'' tagline was used on a limited number Paramount Pictures posters circa 1960, but only for a short period of time. This wording was included within what appears to be a flying banner which appears on your poster.This exact promotional wording was revived by the distributor Filmways in the late 1970's, and into the early 1980' in a slightly altered shaped banner style that appeared on all their posters.

As far as I have worked out W.F.Schey Pty.Ltd. designed and printed posters for Paramount Pictures were the only ones in 1960 that had included the promotional tagline. The Psycho Australian daybill and one sheet printed by a different printer or printers doesn't include the tagline. The Paramount W.F.Schey printed House On Haunted Hill 3 sheet has the tagline but the Australian daybill from Richardson Studio / W.E.Smith doesn't. Another example is The Bellboy one sheet also printed by W.F.Schey, whereas the Australian daybill from the Richardson Studio / W.E. Smith doesn't. As W. F. Schey weren't known for producing daybills, it appears then that only a limited number of W.F.Schey designed and printed one and 3 sheets for Paramount Pictures,  with the promotional tagline were ever produced. This in my eyes Wil makes this poster a little different, as well as being very rare.
    We now know that an Australian one sheet of House On Haunted Hill exists, and has the ''Get more out of life, Go out to a movie'' tagline printed on it, and the printer also being W.F. Schey. There is also another Paramount W.F.Schey printed Australian one sheet that I have just become aware of as well, with the tagline also printed on it. The title being Joy Ride ( 1958 , which was released in Australia in 1960. The Joy Ride daybill from Richardson Studio / W.E.Smith doesn't have the tagline printed on it. This then would reinforce my thinking that the tagline was only printed on W.F.Schey produced one sheet and 3 sheets circa 1960. 
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

The Space Children ( 1958 ) released in Australia in late 1958 also had a W.F.Schey Pty.Ltd. Paramount  Australian one sheet printed with the ''Get more out of life , go out to a movie!'' tagline appearing on it. It now shows that W.F.Schey printed Paramount one and three sheets in Australia that displayed the tagline between 1958 and 1960.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Apparently the bottom 2/3 of a three sheet from 1933:

The missing film's title credit missing of the top of the poster was King Of The Jungle. 

Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    A friend of mine owns the U.S. 3-sheet

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html