Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

War Movies Quiz

1343536373840»

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    Bruce said:
    Thanks much for trying, Lawrence, but 341 doesn't even seem remotely familiar.
    I had thought Bruce that you may have known the answer due to the amount of material you have sold in the past featuring the female singer's image who appears in my posted image. You also have a few cards which include the singer with the band as well.

A clue is South America.

Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    339 is the book Thief (2013)

Since Bruce passed, I believe 341 is April Olrich in Battle of the River Plate
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,673 admin
    340 Saints and Soldiers (2003) . A underrated war flick.
    edited June 9
    jayn_j said:
    339 is the book Thief (2013)

Since Bruce passed, I believe 341 is April Olrich in Battle of the River Plate
     Correct and well spotted with The Book Thief. I have this film awaiting to view soon.

And also correct for answering # 341 as being The Battle Of The River Plate ( 1956 ) ( aka Pursuit Of The Graf Spee in the U.S.A. ), and the singer being April Olrich. She appears on the bottom of the following U.S. poster replacing Peter Finch who is featured on the U.K. poster artwork.

U.K. U.S.A.

For those who haven't been aware of April Olrich here she is in a scene from in The Skull ( 1965 ).

Lawrence
    Matt said:
    340 Saints and Soldiers (2003) . A underrated war flick.
    Correct and well spotted also. I agree it is an underatted film and encourage anyone interested in war films to seek it out. 

Lawrence

Clue for the remaining unanswered  # 337 is that some exposure that wasn't sun related didn'r end up in the final film release.
    Lawrence
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,673 admin
    #337 Ice Cold In Alex (1958)?
    Matt said:
    #337 Ice Cold In Alex (1958)?
    Correct. Ice Cold In Alex was also released in a heavily edited version in the U.S.A. titled Desert Attack.

My clue of '' some exposure that wasn't sun related didn't end up in the final film release'' referred  to Sylvia Syms body exposure.

Information I had originally posted in the April 2018 forum thread regarding Sylvia and John's scene follows.

According to IMDB trivia - '' The love scene between Anson and Diana had to be re-shot after the British censor decided that Sylvia Syms had too many buttons undone on her blouse, 

Pinterest says regarding this image - '' although this shot doesn't actually appear in ''Ice Cold In Alex'' Sylvia Syms is still pretty hot in the film. She has Johnnie Mills full attention''.  It goes on to say- '' Sylvia Syms and John Mills in ''Ice Cold In Alex'', Dir, J. Lee Thompson. This scene was not included in the final film, as it was deemed too suggestive with too much cleavage.
    Sylvia Syms in a publicity photo from Ice Cold In Alex . The film censor decided that four buttons unfastened on her tunic was one too many and the scene had to be re-shot after filming was finished with only three buttons undone''.

I had thought that this image wouldn't have been in the film as is was 1958 and not in the 1960's when this amount of cleavage was allowed. revealing too much cleavage''.

I will now mention that the banned original scene image, although not used in the film, was still used on a U.K. one sheet, and also in a toned down version on the Australian daybill poster.

Lawrence