Skip to content

Price query

Hi guys!

I wanted to get some thoughts from you as to the etiquette regarding price / value queries on the forums? I sometimes see an awesome poster someone has acquired and would like to know the value of it, but I'm not sure if that's considered rude or not. Is there a policy / rule around this?

Cheers!

Comments

• It's not rude and certainly we have no policy to stop you asking, but you might want to take it to PM as not everyone is going to divulge prices paid.

Me being one of them.  B)

• Hmmm interesting one...I don't think I've ever asked anyone what they paid...maybe where they got it from.

I certainly have been asked a few times...I think it depends on the poster really...

But if you really wanted to know, I would just ask...worse that they can do is say no...

• I asked the price on something on the forum and then thought...oh bugger, should of done that in a PM. Like Ves said, depends on the poster/price, under a couple of hundred bucks???
  • Even when people ask me in public, I always send a PM...
  • Makes you wonder how people respond when 8,000 of the 8,050 posters they own they got for free.
  • ....and they're only allowed to hang one....
  • Maybe I could phrase my query a different way and ask how much people think I might have to pay for a particular poster?

For example, how much could I expect to pay for a 1951 daybill for 'The Thing' if it ever arose?

Probably a nicer and less intrusive way of getting a number than asking someone what they just coughed up!
  • I love how this forum works - one serious answer...one not so serious answer!
  • BTW do daybills for The Thing appear very often?
  • Ive never seen thing for sale at auction or ebay in last 5 years, one sold at Heritage many years ago... i dare say if one did come up for auction there would be hot competition...