Skip to content

edited April 2014 in Forum Comments
We are working on the pixelation issue...

Comments

• Well it looks like that when the forum makes the avatar it is making it at 40x40...  If you reload your image in the application the thumbnail image is much clearer than the avatar image.  I image it is just blowing up the thumbnail...   More to come.
  • ^ I wish I understood the above, sounds like you know what you are doing (heaven help us all)

• I think it is just a simple change in the php configuration file, which I do not have access to.  David will have to fix it.  Until then...
  • edited April 2014
    David please fix Lugosi's pixelation issue - his unibrow is just not the same
  • Man, Lugosi has a fat nose though

• 50s said:
    Man, Lugosi has a fat nose though

You're only saying that cause you're good looking.
  • Matt said:
    50s said:
    Man, Lugosi has a fat nose though

You're only saying that cause you're good looking.

Yes Matt, some of us know how to pick a good avatar, poor Chris

• CSM said:
    David please fix Lugosi's pixelation issue - his unibrow is just not the same
    Chris you need to load a big images to start...you're far too toght with your pixels
  • Chris I just uploaded an avatar image of 1308 x 1308 px and I am still blurry as buggery. Try uploading an image of size 10,000px  x  10,000px. At least.

• It won't matter because it is using the thumbnail you created when you upload.  That is 40px x 40px and what we see is that thumbnail blown up to 50px x 50px...  That is a 56% increase in overall size...  Until we figure out how to make that thumbnail 50px x 50px they will be blurry...  Example...

• Fag Hag hehehe
  • Interesting as Bella looks just fine to me - but if everyone is annoyed that their Avatar's eyebrows look weird, then reload your avatar (click on the Avatar pic and then your pic to edit)
  • It's not fixed...  Won't do any good.
  • OK maybe I am not being clear enough... No matter what size picture you upload, the forum will make a 40px x 40px thumbnail, automatically or you can edit.  But it is 40px x 40px forever...  Since we changed the CSS code to make it 50px x 50px (which is just a style like <height="50"> it only just blows up the 40px x 40px thumbnail - coming from a url...  

Unless we change the php.config file, it will continue to create 40px x 40px thumbnails...  
  • To test this just right click and grab the url or your avatar:

Then go into the html and add this behind it height="50" before the >
  • I understand the code - let's get the 503 issue resolved and then attack the rest
  • Just checked the vanilla forums and to resize the avatar you'll need vanilla forums staff to make some change then do your CSS change to resize code Ref 1 2

Hey, this is fun sticking my finger in and out of the vanilla forum code. I see you about to reach to click another link on the page... I dare you...

• edited April 2014
    Thanks Steve - your constant commentary about what is wrong with our forum and how we should go about fixing it is really helpful, I only wish we'd thought of going to the designers of the software or researching the issue first...
  • I've only made a few suggestions, which were solicited for BTW. Just make light of the inevitable teething problems, rather than taking out your stress on your forum members 

• CSM said:
    Fag Hag hehehe
    I thought it appropriate with all the shit I've been taking...  ~X(
  • David said:
    I only wish we'd thought of going to the designers of the software or researching the issue first...
    The above couldn't have been done, as the steps you advised to increase avatar size didn't work for me and anyone else who tried. Happy to do your advised fixes, but it would good if they were tested or researched first. I think Charlie has the best handle on this issue - good investigating so far Charlie :-bd    Good luck David too, software sure is frustrating sometimes  @-)
  • Right now I'd be happy if you just talked about posters, you bait and you know it.

• David said:
    Thanks Steve - your constant commentary about what is wrong with our forum and how we should go about fixing it is really helpful

Funny that you implemented my main suggestions already :-bd , whilst at the same time calling them not helpful  8-}  .

David said:
    Right now I'd be happy if you just talked about posters, you bait and you know it.

After just 2 weeks, admins make their first member image    

Oh, I just got some Mexican lobby Cards