Skip to content

WOTW British Quad valued at 100,000 pounds!

The latest LAMP newsletter has a clip from the Antiques Roadshow segment on movie posters. Will Farmer says that an original War of the Worlds British quad would be worth 100,000 pounds if anyone could find one. What do you all think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cvthv

Comments

• I watched that episode, I'm not sure Will really knows what he's talking about. That exceedingly scarce Carry on poster he hardly mentions...

As for WOTW bringing that, lets hope I get one first, been looking for 45 years, and never found one even to look at... 
  • I guess the repro WOTW must have been copied from the original so there must be one out there somewhere.
  • Paul said:
    I watched that episode, I'm not sure Will really knows what he's talking about. That exceedingly scarce Carry on poster he hardly mentions...

As for WOTW bringing that, lets hope I get one first, been looking for 45 years, and never found one even to look at... 
    FARK! 45 YEAR SEARCH! you deserve a few on a platter for the patience 
  • Shocking I know. I may have paid up to £5 when I started looking, now.... :s
  • Shoplifted this - posted on UK FB group, which roundly ripped the host for vastly inflating value