Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

SPOILER ALERT!

If you are going to talk about a new movie and want to divulge the plot, or some key scene etc give some warning to those of us who haven't see the movie yet!

Simply wrap that text in these tags [spoiler] put txt here [/spoiler] the reader then has the choice to click to read it or simply read the rest of your post. Thank-you!

Yeah, so, I am watching this..,

1222324252628»

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Frog Dreaming.
    Didn't make it to the end.  Some things just don't date well.
    Maybe I was too sick for this one :)
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,514 admin
    edited September 2019
    Zombie films, can't say I'm a fan.
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Matt said:
    Zombie films, can't say I'm a fan.
    Yah agree.  As its an aussie film thought I would  give it a try, but they just seem to be pointless shoot em up films.
    I don't understand the attraction at all, but there would be plenty out there who feel the same about the golden oldies I like.

Apparently it was made on a next to nothing budget over a weekend.  THAT is impressive for any film.
    It looked half descent, just wasn't a fan of the subject matter, violence, ridiculous story....I'll stop here.
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Baptise, Killing Eve ( series two ) and Deep Water are all  television series that kept me involved and intrigued.
    Lawrence
    Avengers End Game.

Sad...though I am sure a whole bunch of spin off films are in the works.

Really liked this series, the humour makes it.  DC could learn a few things there.

Fat Thor was so funny!

Fisgerman's Friends ( 2019 ) & 1917 ( 2019 ). Viewed there two films at the cinema in Decemder 2019 anf January 2020. Both highly recommended.
    Lawrence

Uncut Gems
    I am no Adam Sandler fan.  Can't really think of anything he's done I liked.
    He was sensational in this one.  Great film and performance by him.
    Hihgly recommended.

Gosh, the treatment of our first peoples here is shocking.  
    Hearing the story of their lives from the kids of the time is heartbreaking....
    The more I learn the more I understand why there is such resentment to this day...

Parasite and JoJo Rabbit. Cinema of the very highest standard in filmmaking experienced here. Around Oscar results time each year is the best time to see quality movies at the cinema.

Meanwhile on television I am currently watching the latest series 9 of Death In Paradise. Love this show.
    Lawrence
    Recently saw Parasite too.  What a film!  Superb.  
    And speaking of telly...The Third Man was on this afternoon.  Need to get me that on DVD.
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,736 admin
    I saw both.... Loved JoJo Rabbit. Saw it in theater and at the house now... Loved it.  Much better undertones than Parasite...

Parasite was not that spectacular a film to warrant Best Picture. It was a gimmick political film about income inequality... Basing the award just on a theme was terrible... 1917 or Once upon a time were much better films... JoJo third...

The Academy has become a bitch to political agendas... Losing credibility every year.

Parasite was an average film with political undertones. Not worthy of the award...

That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    I haven't seen 1917 (no intention), nor Jojo (yet) so can't comment on those.
    I'm a huge Tarantino fan, but Once Upon a Time better than Parasite?  Yeah, nah.  
    I can't believe Pitt won everything for this role actually.

If I recall correctly you didn't think much of Shape of Water either, so I think its just a matter of different strokes for different folks.
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,736 admin
    I’m not sure I would say I didn’t like it. I thought it was a fun film. I just keep trying to figure out (perhaps similar to you and Pitt) why it was worthy of being called the best film of the year. Maybe I don’t understand what that award means or the criteria associated with it.  
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...