Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Screening Venues ( inside and out ) Featured In Motion Pictures film Quiz

14567810»

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    76 White Heat...stumbled upon it looking for the other one!
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    75 Lawrence Tierney or Charles McGraw?
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    76 White Heat...stumbled upon it looking for the other one!
    Yes indeed it is White Heat ( 1949 ). One can get lucky sometimes.

Inside the car at the drive-in, after eluding the police, are James Cagney, Virginia Mayo and Margaret Wycherly.  

The scene where the car pulls into the drive-in has South Of St. Louis ( 1949 ) and Siren Of Atlantis ( 1949 ) advertised as currently being screened there. The actual section of the film screening inside the drive-in theatre is from Task Force ( 1949 ). This film was a few weeks away from being released so one can only think that White Heat had a delayed release in the cinemas.
    Lawrence
    Bruce said:
    75 Lawrence Tierney or Charles McGraw?
    Not either of them. These two actors  were at RKO at that period of time. You need to concentrate on 20th Century Fox signed actors.
    Lawrence

As it would appear that # 75 isn't going to be answered I will now reveal that the title of the film is The Street With No Name ( 1948 ) released by 20th Century Fox. The actor who appears in the image is Mark Stevens.

In a publicity pose for the film are Mark Stevens, Barbara Lawrence and Richard Widmark. This was Widmark's second screen appearance after his debut playing Tommy Udo in Fox's Kiss Of Death in 1947.

The Street With No Name was remade as House Of Bamboo in 1955.
    Lawrence
    edited March 18

Three more to test your skills..
    Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    One would think 77 was "Dillinger" from 1945 or 1973, but I think both those were black and white.

It is The FBI Story from 1959, and of course Dillinger was ambushed after watching "Manhattan Melodrama".

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Bruce said:
    One would think 77 was "Dillinger" from 1945 or 1973, but I think both those were black and white.

It is The FBI Story from 1959, and of course Dillinger was ambushed after watching "Manhattan Melodrama".

The FBI Story it certainly is.

79. Day of the Dead
    Close but not correct. Some fine tunning required.

Lawrence
    HONDO said:
    79. Day of the Dead

A word only substitution required.

Lawrence
    Huh?

Not Day of the Dead?
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    79. Day of the Dead

I haven't seen these films, but i thought Dawn was set at the mall.  All I can find indicates Day...I dunno!
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    79. Day of the Dead

I haven't seen these films, but i thought Dawn was set at the mall.  All I can find indicates Day...I dunno!
     An apology here. The original source of the posted #79 image that I had captured some time ago had incorrectly credited it as being from Dawn Of The Dead ( 1978 ), when in fact it is from Day Of The Dead ( 1985 ) as Ves correctly has answered. Not being a fan of horror films I didn't know this was incorrect at the time, so I had assumed the film credit was correct. All sorted now.

Lawrence
    You and me both Lawrence.  Not a fan of the whole zombie thing.
    I recently watched a doco on SBS about cult films in the numerous genres...horror genre was ah, interesting.

The love of the fugly aussie posters stumps me even further, but as I've said in the past, to each their own...I am sure there are alot of people out there that find alot of stuff in my collection fugly!

You and me both Lawrence.  Not a fan of the whole zombie thing.
    I recently watched a doco on SBS about cult films in the numerous genres...horror genre was ah, interesting.

The love of the fugly aussie posters stumps me even further, but as I've said in the past, to each their own...I am sure there are alot of people out there that find alot of stuff in my collection fugly!

:) 

Agree about the fugly posters being well liked by some. I am also not a fan as on a whole they have sub standard artwork. I make an exception though with the hilarious Godzilla King Of The Monsters daybill below.

Lawrence
    78. Cocktail

Correct and well worked out.

Cocktail ( 1988 ) with Tom Cruise and most likely Lisa Banes featured in the scene above.

Lawrence