Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Screening Venues ( inside and out ) Featured In Motion Pictures film Quiz

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    jayn_j said:
    I'll go with the tougher one
    #32: Death Ship (1980)

Correct and yes it appeared to be the tougher one of the last two, so well done Jay.

Clues for - # 30 Obsession  &  #  31 Red River.

Lawrence
     # 30  # 31 

Additional images and earlier posted images.
    Lawrence

# 30 is God Bless America ( 2011 )

# 31 is The Last Picture Show ( 1971 )

One of my previously presented clues fot The Last Picture Show  was a Father Of The Bride image.

Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 698 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Too bad.  These weren't that hard.  I don't know if it is lack of interest, or just the holidays, but I seem to be the only one answering lately.  I've decided to only do one from each set.

I value Hondo's posts, but understand if he decides to back off.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 

#33. Obscure film I must say. All looks above board here ... but what about inside the theatre?

# 34. From a classic film a little lighter in content than the film advertised in the poster.

# 35. Another from a classic film. I am confident in saying that a fair number of members have seen the film that this scene appeared in, so if so how good is your memory then ? A major clue is there to be seen in the image.

# 36. From another famous film. It would have to be the easiest image to answer that I have presented here in this quiz.

Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited June 2019
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    36. Back to the Future...you're all kicking yourselves now right!  I gave you a chance!
    35.  Taxi Driver

Yep  Taxi Driver ( 1976 ) is correct, with a picture showing here of Martin Scorsese in discussion with Robert de Niro and Cybil Shepherd during the shooting of the cinema scene. 

theartofmovieposters said:
    36. Back to the Future...you're all kicking yourselves now right!  I gave you a chance!

Spot on again Ves with your Back To The Future ( 1985 ) answer. Michael J.Fox looking at the film poster in the film. This film has been discussed on this forum many. many times.

Some clues for the remaining two images.

# 33. Horror film released in 1973.

# 34. This films director intentionally used a poster of a Ingmar Bergman film as Bergman was an inspiration to him..

Lawrence

No answers forthcoming so to tidy things up here, the # 33 answer is Messiah of Evil ( 1973 ), and for # 34 Face To Face ( 1977 ). A interesting mention on the poster for the obscure Messiah Of Evil is ''From the makers of American Graffitti ".
    Lawrence

# 37. Some great clues here is that the lead actress can be partially seen on the left of the image, and the  the names of the two films on the billboard narrow down the period of time. Name the film and the actress.

Lawrence

# 37 answers are A Patch Of Blue ( 1965 ) and Elizabeth Hartman, seen here with Sidney Poitier. The two films advertised in the background  are Trial And Error and  Kill Or Cure, both 1962 releases. 
    Lawrence

# 38 is an image that shouldn't be too difficult to answer.
    Lawrence

A clue for # 38.

Lawrence
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    #38 The Lady Vanishes ?
    Sven said:
    #38 The Lady Vanishes ?
     Sorry Sven - this one made much later.

Further clues are that the film featured someone who went on soon to play a famouus sleuth on film in a series of films and also it had in the cast an actor who was to obtain stardom in the following decade.

The scene appearing above is outside the theatre where the film is set, and is not being screened in the theatre.

Lawrence
    The Smallest Show on Earth.
    The Smallest Show on Earth.
    Correct Ves, and I had a feeling you would answer this one. The film being from 1957. 

Lawrence

How about this one then?

Lawrence
    HONDO said:

How about this one then?

Surprised that no one had picked up on this one. The scene is from a hughly successful world wide big box office hit. It isn't from a Bollywood or small low budger U.S. production, but it appeared in a major studio produced film.
    Lawrence
    I'll give you a clue...Bond...James Bond
    Oh alright then....Octopussy
    Oh alright then....Octopussy
    Thanks Ves for the answer. Octopussy from 1983.

I was just about to give the following final clues to others than Ves as being -  ''The title was previously mentioned  on another thread on this website. No 13 or 14 may also  help''.

Lawrence
    edited January 19

# 40. Something not quite right here within this image. Can anyone name the well known film this scene is from?

41a & 42b. Both images from the same well remembered film.

42. Should be an easy one.
    Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 698 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    #40 Amarcord (1973)

Let others have a shot now.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    41. Midnight Cowboy

Like Jay, I'll leave 42 for someone else.
    jayn_j said:
    #40 Amarcord (1973)

Let others have a shot now.
    Correct and well spotted Jay.The two Gary Cooper film posters on display of La Valle Dell'amore ( The Valley of Love ) are fictional created posters

41. Midnight Cowboy

Like Jay, I'll leave 42 for someone else.
    Correct also Ves. Both 41a & b are indeed from Midnight Cowboy ( 1969 ).

Number 42 is so easy no one wants to answer it, but someone please ablige me in doing so.
    Lawrence
    HONDO said:

Number 42 is so easy no one wants to answer it, but someone please ablige me in doing so.
    OK, waited another day.  #42:  Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    HONDO said:

OK, waited another day.  #42:  Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)
     It indeed is and thanks for finalising that one Jay.

Lawrence
    edited January 23

43 

This one from the image displayed shouldn't present any problem in being able to identity the film's name                                                      

Lawrence