Skip to content

VMPF continues its support of LAMP!

edited August 2020 in Welcome
I have been supporting Learn About Movie Posters for nearly three years and instead of sending in my support on behalf of Movie Poster Works, this year (with the ok from our other admins Matt and Mark) I sent in my donation on behalf of the forum.  I love what Ed and Sue do for our hobby and am happy to support their efforts.

Check out the very nice article Matt and Mark put together for the LAMP monthly newsletter!

http://www.learnaboutmovieposters.com/newsite/lagniappe/lamppost/Newsletter.pdf

My my hope is we can get some new blood and make the forum even stronger than it already is!

Comments

• Excellent article, and a handy heads-up for me about the Lamp Post. I didn't know it existed, but it had some interesting tidbits on it. LAMP is a great resource, but I don't know how to best utilize it, so I pretty rarely visit. :(
  • Am I the only person who did not know David is no longer an admin?

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    Am I the only person who did not know David is no longer an admin?
    I'm not?
  • David said:
    Bruce said:
    I'm not?
    Is there a story behind this?

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• David is just pulling your leg Bruce.
  • Thanks, Matt. Was there a public post about this? If so, I missed it. I learned of it reading the LAMP link above.

• Bruce said:
    David said:
    Bruce said:
    I'm not?
    Is there a story behind this?

No story, just priorities - all family orientated, without making a drama out of it, paper just didn't seem so important. Matt & Charlie & Mark know some, anyone else is only guessing or being a gossip.
  • Charlie said:
    I have been supporting Learn About Movie Posters for nearly three years and instead of sending in my support on behalf of Movie Poster Works, this year (with the ok from our other admins Matt and Mark) I sent in my donation on behalf of the forum.  I love what Ed and Sue do for our hobby and am happy to support their efforts.

Check out the very nice article Matt and Mark put together for the LAMP monthly newsletter!

My my hope is we can get some new blood and make the forum even stronger than it already is!

Good thinking Charlie, and great write up Matt and Mark, the French will be choking on their baguettes...

• David said:
    Charlie said:

Good thinking Charlie, and great write up Matt and Mark, the French will be choking on their baguettes...

=)
  • We have once again renewed our sponsorship with LAMP... Please guys, if you ever have any interesting questions or investigations let’s let them help us.  They bend over backwards to help true collectors and I am happy to continue VMPF support of their crusade!
  • We have once again renewed our sponsorship of LAMP. I’ll reiterate that if you ever need help on a particular poster or poster topic. Please post it here and I can ask for their help...
  • I did not know this.  Thanks for the reminder.