Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Removing a hardboard mounting - Advice please

Musical_MainlineMusical_Mainline Member Posts: 5 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
Hi all.

Has anyone ever had a poster removed from hardboard backing?

I'm looking at a poster which has been unfortunately treated in this way and i'm looking to advice.

Many thanks
Jo

Comments

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,640 admin
    Yes. I’ve remove multiple posters. It takes a lot of bestine and patience. They key it to elevate one side of the poster and poor/work the bestine in while lift the poster. I recommend a mask as the chemical smell is strong.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 964 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Another option is to send it to a restorer. But it will likely cost $200 or more, so the poster needs to worth far more than that to consider this option.

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,640 admin
    Great point Bruce. You will most likely want to linenback the poster after it is removed as it will be a wavy mess. You will also have to clean the remaining residue off the back of the poster.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...