Skip to content

Post within the US?

A question for our american poster friends.
How is the internal mail going over there?
I know there are ridiculous delays trying to get into your country, but is it decent internally still?

I have a few parcels I want to send, but don't want them to get held up and likely lost waiting for things to improve.

Down here its been hit and miss...last week or so I've seen an improvement, but am still waiting way too long for parcels from overseas.

Love to know how its tracking over there...

Comments

• No issues with parcels sent within the country, or if there are any delays they’re barely noticeable. Packages coming from outside the US seem to be taking longer than before, but they are getting here.
  • Everything is arriving, but add between a couple of days and a week to most delivery times.

And from the U.S. to other countries, we are seeing a small percentage just vanishing after the first or second scan. But fortunately, so far they all seem to reappear a couple of weeks later, with NO explanation.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• International mail is insane at the moment down here. Postal flights to the US and Europe are extremely limited, so packages are held at Customs storage facilities and sent when flights are available. Really small bottleneck.
    A friend of mine sent a poster to the US around 40 days ago and it still hasn't leave the country.
    I had a package of great stuff to send to Bruce, but the thought of it being delayed for weeks in an obscure facility gave me chills. I'd rather keep it home until things get back to normal. I guess it will be the next Major, Bruce!
  • Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. An effective vaccine can't come soon enough. I know that wouldn't completely fix the crisis, but it sure would help.

I think hanging on to the posters for now is definitely a wise move.  :)
  • 110x75 said:
    International mail is insane at the moment down here. Postal flights to the US and Europe are extremely limited, so packages are held at Customs storage facilities and sent when flights are available. Really small bottleneck.
    A friend of mine sent a poster to the US around 40 days ago and it still hasn't leave the country.
    I had a package of great stuff to send to Bruce, but the thought of it being delayed for weeks in an obscure facility gave me chills. I'd rather keep it home until things get back to normal. I guess it will be the next Major, Bruce!
    You might consider UPS or Fed Ex. Those have been arriving only a day or two late. If not, there is always September!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Recent update from Australia Post Business....

Destinations like China, Japan, Southeast Asia and the United Kingdom are improving in terms of our delivery capability and consistency. China is also now operating under near normal service conditions.

Destinations including the United States of America (USA) and New Zealand continue to face challenges. Late flight cancellations along with a 40% increase in volume to New Zealand have impacted our ability to deliver parcels into New Zealand. We are making every effort to secure more capacity to New Zealand to meet this demand, however, we may need to send your items via Air or Sea Freight depending on what we deem is the more reliable transport method. For key services to New Zealand, we’re experiencing delays of up to 10 â€“ 15 business days. We will continue to prioritise aged items and Express Services via air.

For the USA, we’ve purchased incremental capacity to help manage customer demand. We are working to ensure that we prioritise items for the USA that we’ve had in the network for the longest period of time. There are still significant delays for the USA but we should see an improvement in the coming weeks due to the additional capacity we’ve been able to secure.

• Packages moving well as far as I've experienced. Have ordered and received packages from US Postal, Amazon delivery, UPS and FedEx have all gone smoothly.
  • Packages moving well as far as I've experienced. Have ordered and received packages from US Postal, Amazon delivery, UPS and FedEx have all gone smoothly.
  • Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
    I still have something which was sent late March from the US not turn up yet.
    Things sent via courier services like Fedex are a couple days longer than normal, but turned up no issue.
    Based on John's update, think I will hold off sending to the US for a wee bit longer!