Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Newby Me! Neil, Oh the Horror!

thedutymonthedutymon Member Posts: 15 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
Evening,

Hope I am doing this right, and added to the introduce yourself thread and didn't start a totally new one.....

Anywho,

My name is Neil Duty, I am a 63 year old collector who collects Comic Books, Non Sports Cards, Sports Cards, Rare First Edition Hardcover books, some other misc things and 1960-2000 Horror Movie and Sci-Fi Posters. Mainly in my Poster collecting realm are 1960's SCI-FI, and 1975-1990 Horror Movies Posters, Anything with Boobs and Blood and I'm all over it!

My two White Whale acquisitions I hope to do soon are 1962 Herk Hervey's "Carnival Of Souls". This Poster is seen on E-Bay but the asking is way to high, especially when I have traced down 5 copies, most sitting on Virtual shelves for years! The second is a 1987 "Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama". I know this Poster exists as I've seen it twice on E-Bay, but for reasons at the time I didn't pull the trigger! 

What's the easiest way to Post Pictures on here?

Thanks

Neil

Comments

• rockabilly777rockabilly777 Member, The Framer Posts: 633 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Hey, welcome Neil! Your collections sound interesting and great! I’ll let the more technically inclined of us answer the photos question, but I just drag and drop right from my computer memory. I’m looking forward to seeing your stuff!
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,470 admin
    edited May 30
    Welcome, Neil! Glad you found us. 

looking forward to seeing some of your Horror and SciFi pieces. I believe you can drag/drop as Rock says or you can copy/paste in this box an image or 3rd party URL host image in this box. 

• thedutymonthedutymon Member Posts: 15 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Evening,

Thanks, here are a few of my favorites here:

Well so much for that idea, I am Very Very computer illiterate, I take the pictures with my Android phone, send them to myself via e-mail, then I have a Apple IMAC, so I save them to Photos....and this is where my illiteracy breaks down. I can't figure out how to go from this step to actually posting to the thread. Most sites I'm on, I click on Choose File, it goes to picking a File, I pick one or more using my Control or Command keys and the picture is posted? I'm at a Loss?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

YeeHah!

Neil

• thedutymonthedutymon Member Posts: 15 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Evening,

I have been trying for an hour now, and give up for tonight, no matter what I do it does not work!

Comments like these, though well meaning, are like reading Russian, I couldn't understand my way out of a Box with all the gobble kook you young guys think nothing about, but its my fault, the idiocy, its on me!

" I believe you can drag/drop as Rock says or you can copy/paste in this box an image or 3rd party URL host image in this box. ". 

I do know how to drop and drag, but its not working! I don't know how to figure out the URL of a picture, nor Copy it/Paste it ....cause I don't see it, just the image in my Photos?

Thanks

YeeHah!

Neil

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    Hi Neil and welcome aboard. Checked and I cannot drop and drag using the above either as it is not set up enable one to so in this particular instance. 
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I think some threads only allow pictures by linking to a URL, which this one seems to do.

Neil, welcome aboard and hang in there!  We will work it out.
    Not sure if you are on facebook or anything similar, but in order to be able to post in some threads, you need to upload your images to a hosting site (I used facebook as its free)
    Then you navigate to your image, and right click which will bring up this option:

Choose the Copy image address option.

Then you come here click on the little button highlighted by mark and paste the URL there.

Alternatively, I reckon if you start a new thread in the show us what you got - Your collection section:

https://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/categories/your-collection

You will end up with an option to upload directly from your computer.  Click on the choose Files button and navigate to wherever your files are located on your computer.  I checked and the drag and drop option should also work for you in there, but its a bit hard for me to get a screen grab and show you how it works

I hope that helps!
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,579 admin
    Welcome Neil! Wow you've got some great horror gear. Looking forward to seeing some more.
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,835 admin
    I’ve been switching when I can. When we first started we thought there was an upload limit. The vanilla folks have told me that is not a real issue. One day I’ll find time to reset them all.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...