Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Quirky Qantas (Australian) 1950s travel posters!

HereComesMongoHereComesMongo Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
Quirky
Mel S. Hutson
Charlotte, NC USA
My reference website: moviepostercollectors.guide
My Current Poster Collection

Comments

• HereComesMongoHereComesMongo Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I’m mostly retired from MP hobby but spotted these charmers on tonight’s HA auction!

HA previously sold this:

Mel S. Hutson
    Charlotte, NC USA
    My reference website: moviepostercollectors.guide
    My Current Poster Collection

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    John used to work or have a connection to Qantas.  He's had some amazing posters in this series.  Perhaps he'll post up a few more!
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    John used to work or have a connection to Qantas.  He's had some amazing posters in this series.  Perhaps he'll post up a few more!
    I have collected quite a few Qantas posters over the years. The ones pictured in the earlier post are generally referred to as reissues/reprints. The posters were originally designed by Harry Rogers in the late 50s but the same designs were reprinted in the late 60s with a very slight variation from the originals. The original release Harry Rogers designs should show a Super Constellation logo where the later release show a707   ....

John

• BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    John said:
    I have collected quite a few Qantas posters over the years. The ones pictured in the earlier post are generally referred to as reissues/reprints. The posters were originally designed by Harry Rogers in the late 50s but the same designs were reprinted in the late 60s with a very slight variation from the originals. The original release Harry Rogers designs should show a Super Constellation logo where the later release show a707   ....
    When we auction U.S. airline travel posters, we see that there are usually at least three versions of each one. One from the 1950s, the 1960s, and the 1970s, and just as John said, the main difference is usually the type of airplane or jet pictured. We almost never get any Qantas ones!
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • dedeposterdedeposter Member Posts: 36 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    So Heritage sold these as 1950s originals but they're actually from the 1960s? Typical.