Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Please help us identify WHICH movies the pieces of concept art were created for!

BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter

CONTEST TIME! Please help us identify WHICH movies the pieces of concept art (seen at http://www.emovieposter.com/online/unknown_concept_art/) were created for!

Here are some clues:
1) These 8 pieces of concept art came from the estate of film editor, Dorothy Spencer, and they should be from films she worked on.
2) These titles have been suggested: EARTHQUAKE, THE RAINS OF RANCHIPUR, and DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS
3) If you have a guess (on either which movies these are from, or the artist who created any or all of the art), be sure to reference which image from the gallery you are referring to (Image 1, Image 2, etc)

That's all there is to this! Please help. Also please know that the prizes won't involve any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness!

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,022 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    edited September 3

Image 2.

Image 3.

For images 2 and 3, I am  thinking they are from The Black Swan ( 1942 ). Dorothy Spencer isn't credited as editing this film though
    During her twenty five years or so working for 20th Century Fox the obtaining of these pieces for herself seems to have occurred.

Image 1.

Image 1 would certainly appear to me to be from The Rains of Ranchipur ( 1955 ) which she did happen to edit.

For the remainng five images there may or not be a working connection involved with editing I am thinking.
    Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    HONDO said:

Image 2.

Image 3.

For images 2 and 3, I am  thinking they are from The Black Swan ( 1942 ). Dorothy Spencer isn't credited as editing this film though
    During her twenty five years or so working for 20th Century Fox the obtaining of these pieces for herself seems to have occurred.

Image 1.

Image 1 would certainly appear to me to be from The Rains of Ranchipur ( 1955 ) which she did happen to edit.

For the remainng five images there may or not be a working connection involved with editing I am thinking.
    Thanks much Lawrence! That's a great start. Anyone else?

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html