Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

AUSSIE 3 SHEET

NormashearerNormashearer Member Posts: 3 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
HI EVERYONE ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WAS HERE, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON SOME LIKE IT HOT AUSSIE 3 SHEET ie PICTURES OF THE POSTER ? MARK FROM BACK TO THE FLICKS SUGGESTED THAT SOMEONE HERE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP PARTICULARLY LAWRENCE I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP THANKS

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,041 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Hi.The following are my thoughts on the Australian 3 sheet of Some Like It Hot. I have never sighted an image, and I am not aware of one existing, but that of course doesn't mean that a copy doesn't still exist somewhere.

An Australian press book would possibly show an image to establish what one would look like. As with the 3 sheet poster an Australian press book has proved to be elusive also, thus denying us of this information.

Original U.S.A. 3 sheet, insert and one sheet.

Australian daybill and one sheet.

My thoughts on the Australian 3 sheet are that seeing the Australian daybill and one sheet are almost the same design as the U.S. insert and one sheet, one would have to believe the missing Australian 3 sheet would closely resemble the U.S. 3 sheet artwork also.

You are most likely aware that Australian three sheets that still exist today are few in number, so the probability of one turning up for Some Like It Hot are most unlikely one has to think, but you never know. 

One last thing is that if a copy of the Australian 3 sheet image does surface one would have to hope that the quality of the artwork is in line with th quality of the Australian one sheet, and not the more inferior Australian daybill artwork. 

Lawrence
  • NormashearerNormashearer Member Posts: 3 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Thank you so much Mark said you are the best for finding out this sort of info Mark and myself did come across a incomplete 3 sheet on EBay I thought that it does look exactly like the US 3 sheet but between Jack Lemmon and Billy Wider names it has a larger but same colour censorship as the Aussie 1 sheet the poster is missing the top part where is says Marilyn Monroe and her bussom companions and also the bottom section with some of the credits other than that it is exactly the same as the US ,As I did not pay to much for it I think I will get the missing txt restored as now I know what is missing which is minimal,and I don’t see any printer details on any of the Aussie posters, I know it’s going to cost a lot but I think it will look good in the end Thanks Cam

Happy to have assisted in some way Cam. I would love to see an image of the poster you have. Any chance of posting the image here? United Artists around the time Some Like It Hot was released in Australia had many posters printed that were minus printers credits appearing on them
    Lawrence
  • NormashearerNormashearer Member Posts: 3 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Thanks I will be receiving the poster over the next couple of days and I will certainly send something to you I am not that good on the technical department but I am not sure if you are allowed to send out your email address because that would be easier for me also do you know what the measurements would be for a 3 sheet around that time for an Aussie poster Thanks Cam
    The Australian 3 sheet size around that period was 40 x 80, or close to that.

I will contact you through a private message regarding the image.
    Lawrence