Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Any idea?

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Any idea what is the story behind these two images that were filmed on exactly the same set?
Lawrence

Comments

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,915 admin
    Same person - same film...?  Or wardrobe test photos.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited January 26
    According to the Production Code C.O.L 1 the movie is Counsel for Crime (1937). If that is correct the actress is Julie Bishop. Maybe the first image was too sexy and they used the second image?
    Post edited by John on
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Charlie said:
    Same person - same film...?  Or wardrobe test photos.
    John said:
    According to the Production Code C.O.L 1 the movie is Counsel for Crime (1937). If that is correct the actress is Julie Bishop. Maybe the first image was too sexy and they used the second image?
    Sorry but neither responses are correct. Good suggestion John but unfortunately both the images are from the 1950s. The actresses shown aren't the same two people and are of different nationalities. A clue is why would the set be arranged exactly the same way in both images?
    Lawrence
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,915 admin
    They are the same girl look at the nose... 
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    Charlie said:
    They are the same girl look at the nose... 
    Yes the images do look similar, but trust me when I say that they are two different actresses.

Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Need a break from the chaos that is my life at the moment.

Ok, so from I could find...

First image is from Circus of Love (1954) - Eva Bartok
    Second image is from Carnival Story (1954) - Anne Baxter

IMDB tells me that Circus of Love is the German language version of Carnival Story, shot simultaneously by director Kurt Neumann.

How did I go?
    Need a break from the chaos that is my life at the moment.

Ok, so from I could find...

First image is from Circus of Love (1954) - Eva Bartok
    Second image is from Carnival Story (1954) - Anne Baxter

IMDB tells me that Circus of Love is the German language version of Carnival Story, shot simultaneously by director Kurt Neumann.

How did I go?

Correct and congratulations on a job very well done.

Lawrence