Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

February 2021

theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
Not newly purchased but finally stabilised.

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Beautiful rare acqusition. Well done Ves.
    Lawrence
  • darolodarolo Member Posts: 56 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    Horizontal One Sheet perhaps?
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Much smaller, almost halfsheet side.  Seems like a trade ad or something....not really sure?!
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,649 admin
  • RickRick Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    very nice.
    quite a few new titles arrived here.

May be an image of 3 people

May be an image of 2 people and text that says THEY RAN THE GAUNTLET OF THROUGH THE FANTASTIC PERIL STRAITS TO FREEDOM FORMOSA JOHN WAYNE LAUREN BACALL SUITABLE TRAPPED IN THE DEAD END Blood Alley CINEMASCOPE AND WARNER COLOR DIRECTEDBYWILLIAM AWELLMAN ROS LIMITED

No photo description available

May be an image of 1 person and text that says LOVE TURNED TO FURY and PASSION THEICGEMOSE HOUSE HATE THE ICE TURNED TO OUT OF THE THE FIRE OFF ASSION CA CHILL OF DOOM PASSION Starring PIT SABRINA and R DAVID and ROBERT STORY DISTRIBUTED

May be an image of 1 person and text

May be an image of 4 people and text that says REGENT FILMS PRESENTS FROM THE FROZEN ARCTIC THE GIGANTIC YETO so BIG so STRONG BUT so GENTLE YOU WILL LEARN TO LOVE YETI NRC afilm ULLIVAN TONY KENDALL FRANK RAMER starring PHOENIX GRANT STACY INDIO dog andMIMMO CRAO

May be an image of 2 people and text that says Neurotic Beauties Do Wonders With Their Hands and Wonders With Their Bodies KUNG FU was never like this before  COLOR COLUA WONDER WOMEN Who Enslave And Subject The Worlds Strongest Athletes To Satisfy Their Insatiable Hungers

May be an image of 1 person and text that says DOUBLE FEATURE WITH ADVENTURE CONQUEROR OF THE SAVAGE ZONTIER DANIEL TRAIL plus THE SWORD FLASHES THE WHIP LASHES MIGHTY ZORRO trig ZORRO RIDES Beware AGAIN consolidated

May be an image of 2 people

May be an image of 5 people people standing and text that says HOW THE WEST WAS HILARIOUSLY LOST CARRY ON COWBOY PETER ROGERS PRODUCTION EASTMAN COLOUR SIDNEY JAMES -KENNETH WILLIAMS JIMDALE CHARLES HAWTREY JOAN SIMS ANGELADOUGLAS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN Drerled Sreplay ROTHWEL
    May be an image of 1 person and text that says THE UNDEAD DIES AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN HANNAH Queen of the VAMPIRES OF ALL MISTRESS OF DEATH P MARK DAMON filmways
    May be an image of 2 people

May be an image of motorcycle

May be an image of 1 person and text that says Ifyouve ever been to a wilder party- YOURE UNDER ARREST  PPORATION ABLAKE EDWA RDS PRODUCTION Peter Sellers THE PARTY CLAUDINE LONGET BRAND NEW P RINTS FOR GENERAL EXHIBITION Deluxe PANAVISION United Artistsmg

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    edited February 15

Nice haul, including some rare and interesting titles.

1) Passion Pit ( aka Love In Cold Blood and also The Ice House ) ( 1969 ) was originally banned in Australia in November 1970 under the Love In Cold Blood title.  On 1 July 1974 the film was passed for public exhibition in Australia under the title of The Passsion Pit. The film's importer is recorded as being N.S. Productions yet the daybill has the distributor credited as being C.I.D. Pty. Ltd.

Original U.S.A. press sheet with a conflicting display of the film's name.

2) Wonder Women ( 1973 ) is certainly a rare datbill. I have never sighted an image of this daybill previously.

3) The double bill daybill  of Daniel Boone Trail Blazer  (1956 ) and Zorro Rides Again ( 1959 ) is also rare and not sighted previously. Both titles were passed by the Austra;lian censor for public exhibition on 1 February 1976. The Zorro Rides Again film is an edited version of the 1937 Republic serial of the same name. The feature film version was one of Republic Studios final theatrical releases distributed by them in the U.S.A. in early 1959.
    As neither Daniel Boone Trail Blazer or Zorro Rides Again certainly appear to haven't been originally released in Australia, then this double bill daybill has to be for the first Australian release of the two films.

Original U.S.A. insert and one sheet posters.

4) The Hell's Angels 690 Daybill title I have meaning to cover on the forum for a long tiime now. I will present my thoughts on this title within the new Daybill oddites thread shortly. 

5) The Party ( 1968 ) Australian one sheet added snipe certainly has me intrigued. 
    Lawrence
  • dedeposterdedeposter Member Posts: 118 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    HONDO said:

5) The Party ( 1968 ) Australian one sheet added snipe certainly has me intrigued. 

I remember when Hoyts rereleased The Party on a double bill with Some Like It Hot (back in the 80s?)and it was certainly promoted as being brand new prints of both. Perhaps this was used during that run? 

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,649 admin
    Congrats Rick, Blood Alley is a great film and daybill!
  • 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Not newly purchased but finally stabilised.

Killer addition to the australian collection, Ves!!
  • 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Nice batch Rick. I didn't know Don Coscarelli's Phantasm was retitled over there
  • RickRick Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Lawrence, thanks for the info about Women and the double-bill. I had no idea about that one - thought it would have been earlier than the 70s but I really appreciate the details. Yes, both were new to my eyes.