Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

buying original vintage posters

piyatespiyates Member Posts: 1
Hello members,

I have just started collecting original james bond posters and wanted advice on how to know I am buying an original. Its difficult to know who to trust when buying over the internet. Also whats the best way to have the poster framed?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Welcome and hope you have lots of fun in your collecting journey.

Did you have a country of origin in mind for the posters you are looking to collect?
    Reason I ask is depending on what you are collecting the answer will likely be different.
    Not many fake australian daybills but am guessing US OS might be trickier, and I know there are a bunch of rerelease quads to watch out for...
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    piyates said:
    Hello members,

I have just started collecting original james bond posters and wanted advice on how to know I am buying an original. Its difficult to know who to trust when buying over the internet. Also whats the best way to have the poster framed?

Thanks for your help :)
    You might consider buying from a company that offers a Lifetime Guarantee as to authenticity.

On framing, if the poster is linenbacked, make sure to mat the poster so the Plexiglas doesn't touch the poster. If NOT backed, make sure the framer does not dry mount the poster, and have them use "spacers" so the Plexiglas doesn't touch the poster.

And of course, make sure the framed poster gets zero direct sunlight, and check the framed poster periodically for any sign of fading or rippling.
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html