Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help with verifying authenticity of movie posters from India from the 50's and 60's

Angelo60Angelo60 Member Posts: 3 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
Hi,

I have become interested in the Indian director Satyajit Ray. I have located some of his posters I am interested in but I could find no resource for information about verifying the authenticity of the posters. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Angelo

PS:I would love something similar to the information on French Movie Posters that was shared by Filip de Volder and posted in this forum in June 2016.

Comments

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,944 admin
    Indian posters are really tough... I started collecting because my wife is from Delhi. I still don’t have a good handle one them. 
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • Angelo60Angelo60 Member Posts: 3 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Thanks for the response. I did buy the book recommended and I tracked down one of the authors and sent him an e-mail to see if he had any further information. I will post anything I find out. Sad there is so little information on them. 
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    There was an exhibition on indian release movie posters at the NCV down here in melbourne many moons ago, for which I am pretty sure i picked up the catalogue.  I doubt there would be anything of use in it but I will check over the weekend and post if I see anything relevant.