Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

May 2021

CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,944 admin
edited May 11 in Recent Acquisitions
Got a nice set of bus stops for Justice League:

That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...

Comments

• 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Those look classy Charlie!

Haven't bought much lately, but this is probably one of the GREATEST acquisitions I have ever made. Still can't believe it.
    It's a folder with a hundred pages of press material for "Strange World", straight from the producing studio. Official press releases, drafts, handwritten material (apparently from one of the producers), and many more stuff.

There was even this piece of original artwork (gouache I believe) of a shrunken head

a colored comic book version of the film:

And a bunch of stills, including some of the film stars goofing around in the beaches of Rio

• CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Wow wow wow!  Congrats sir
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

Very happy is an understatement
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,673 admin
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    First up HUGE thanks to Mark for taking care of these two daybills (Blue Danube and Pride and Prejudice)

Someone posted one of these moons ago, always loved it, now mine :) Death in Small Doses

Had an opportunity to pick up the daybill for The Rainmaker many years ago, but missed it by that much...finally its mine!

Last couple of goodies, aussie promo poster for the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack:

Lucky last for today, the gorgeous italian giant for Running on Empty

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Great haul. I particually like the colours and the artistry of The Rainmaker.The red and yellow combination certainly works here in this case.

Although Death In Small Doses is nice, one has to wonder what the design of this film would have looked like had It been designed by the Richardson Studio.

The film was released in the U.S.A. in 1957 by Allied Artists, but due to the Allied Artists product, after a delay in negotiations with RKO Radio. who were to take over Australian distribution rights then going out of business, the Australian rights then were  transferred from United Artists to Paramount Pictures.

A large backlog of A.A. product, along with their own Paramount Pictures product, then created a problem with Paramount securing release dates for some of their product awaiting release. Death In Small Doses wouldn't have been a priority with Paramount, and it only obtained a release in late1961 in Sydney. Had the film been released earlier in 1958, 1959 or even early 1960, the artwork would have ended up on Richardson's desk and then a different design result would certainly have taken place.
    Lawrence
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,944 admin
    Holy poster heaven guys.  Unbelievable Mathias...  
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,673 admin
    Nice pickups guys, especially like the Rain Maker too!
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Lancaster & Hepburn, both great stars from their respective eras. Almost completely forgotten by the modern generation. 
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Noticed that prices have been rising lately on 1950s mags with MM covers. I sold one a few weeks ago to a business in Melbourne that is using it for display in their shop. There are some nice images and framing is affordable.
    Just got this Aussie mag in >> yesterday.