Skip to content

July/August 2021 - Our first discussion at the new place... Let's make it a good one!

Post some kick ass posters!

Comments

• edited August 3

I splurged! Paid way too much but well… sometimes you do silly things as a collector… The press kit Mad Max poster.

• WhooHoo!!! We're back baby.

Great way to kick it of Charlie!!!

What are measurements of Mad Max?

• Guess I need to log out as system_admin... lol

• Wowee, well done. I think if was going to drop serious money on MM this would be the one I want. Apparently they came with a letter. Let me see if I can find the image to share....

• Well did anyone score at EMP last night?

I decided to abandon all “maybe I want it” posters and go all in on the “Flat” Godfather. All the advances are flat and my gut tells me they were printed either at the same shop or with the advances - being an earlier printing.

I’ve also been collecting photography and couldn’t pass up a Bruce Weber with the press letter attached.

• Good stuff Charlie!

I got me this Lizard in a woman's skin, because Fulci, but can't post images on this motherf***** phone!

• hmmm - Glitch?

• Test…

• So since we own the hosting now you can just hit the picture button and select from your photos on the phone. If we start running out of memory, I can get more. We are at about half capacity now.

• I could see the picture button when I was not signed in. Once I did, it is not there. I'll try from the computer later

• edited August 4
    OK I changed it to the old editor... Try again from mobile - don't like it not working.
  • That worked just fine (hosting the pic in the forum). I'll try another acquisition with an image link
  • Nice!
  • Yeah sweet!
  • Still not sure if the poster is for Pathe's "La vie et la passion de Jésus-Christ" (1903) or Gaumont's "La Vie du Christ" (1906). I do know it is obviously for a rerelase, probable 30s (since the text in the poster says is a sound version)

• Well anyone score in EMPs part II???

Completed my Indy trilogy tonight - all rolled and in great shape…

• Been on a spree of late. Picked up a few signed/number prints from Thai artists. Just realized how it’s pretty much Struzan’s composition on the Indy 2-Sheet.

• edited August 6
    One more from Kirby. Been eyeing this for a couple years. I was hoping to find the original one sheet but this one grew on me. It’s such great art!

This one is off for linebacking.

Post war Cat and the Canary Italian ~55x55…

• Charlie said:
    One more from Kirby. Been eyeing this for a couple years. I was hoping to find the original one sheet but this one grew on me. It’s such great art!

That's an amazing piece of paper my friend! 😲
  • edited August 6
    110x75 said:
    Charlie said:

Thank You - pretty excited about putting this one on the wall. It also completes my Hope/Goddard trilogy. I now have a Ghost Breakers, Nothing but the Truth and this one!
  • Charlie, super nice/cool Godfather! and Italian Hope.

Matias-that is one sweet piece of artwork!

• Fantastic Charlie - love that one congrats!
  • Charlie said:
    110x75 said:
    Charlie said:

Thank You - pretty excited about putting this one on the wall. It also completes my Hope/Goddard trilogy. I now have a Ghost Breakers, Nothing but the Truth and this one!
    I remember that Ghost Breakers. That looks great too
  • More goodies showing up every day:

• 110x75 said:

Loving this!  Congrats!