Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Why do EMP auctions end at 3PM on Sundays?

CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,806 admin
This just annoys me to no end!  I bet Bruce would get another $500 annually out of me if the Sunday auctions ended at 7ish like the other ones.  I have lost count the number of times I missed ending of the Sunday auctions.

Rant over...

Bruce why do they end at 3PM?  Is there a good reason?

That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...

Comments

• BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    It is for the European bidders. The Tuesday and Thursday ones end "in the middle of the night" for them, and these don't.

Are you saying that you forget when they end? Start setting some alarms!
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,308 admin
    Bugger the Eurpeans - Aussie are your #2 buyers in a non USA timezone!

Charlie - why not bid early?

hahahahaha.

Yeah you're right, has anyone won with an early bid?
    David
  • HumphreyBogartHumphreyBogart Member Posts: 926 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Yes I have. Get with the times  :D
    Reg
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,308 admin
    edited June 2014
    Sure, bid $500 a week out on a Pretty Woman poster, I am sure you probably got a shot at winning.   :P
    David
  • HumphreyBogartHumphreyBogart Member Posts: 926 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    David said:
    Sure, bid $500 a week out on a Pretty Woman poster, I am sure you probably got a shot at winning.   :P
    If pretty woman is what you want, give it a go. Sure you will have success.   ;)
    Reg
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,806 admin
    It is for the European bidders. The Tuesday and Thursday ones end "in the middle of the night" for them, and these don't.

Are you saying that you forget when they end? Start setting some alarms!
    Well, I have this person in my life who does not like me buying posters.  I would have to stop what I am doing.  So I can see it now....  

"blam, blam, blam, blam" 

My wife: "What's that?" 

Me: "Ummmm, nothin'"

Wife:  "Telllll me...."

Me: "It's an alarm so I can go bid on posters."

Wife (Rant on):  "You're telling me that you set and alarm to go and buy more posters?" 

I could go on but there would just be more comments about money and space and borderline insanity.  Not to mention the ol' "for paper, it's just paper!"  

E-mail me your phone number, and I will call you each Sunday before they are about to start ending.

Or send your wife shopping, so she doesn't hear the alarm. The possibilities are endless!
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter

I did today. I placed my bid yesterday, as I was not going to be at home today. Won it. I'm sure it helped that what I bid on is an obscure film only a handful of people care about.
    :)
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,806 admin
    E-mail me your phone number, and I will call you each Sunday before they are about to start ending.

Or send your wife shopping, so she doesn't hear the alarm. The possibilities are endless!
    You know next time there is something I really, really want I might take you up on that phone call.  But probably better to just set a recurring series in the iphone and see if that helps...
    Charlie said:

You know next time there is something I really, really want I might take you up on that phone call.  But probably better to just set a recurring series in the iphone and see if that helps...
    Maybe I should offer "phone reminder" service to "Five Star Bidders"!
    That would be a cool option in the watch list "Call me, I don't want to miss this one!"; if you could work out a computer based auto-dial system. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    110x75 said:

I did today. I placed my bid yesterday, as I was not going to be at home today. Won it. I'm sure it helped that what I bid on is an obscure film only a handful of people care about.
    :)
    Nice one Matias