Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Republic Serials

2»

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Buck Rogers ( 1939 ).  Universal Australian herald images. Not Republic but these images are worth including here for fans of serials that may not have seen them before. One can only ponder what the original long daybill, most likely printed by Marchant & Co., would have looked like.
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Have seen the long db.  Let me see if I can share...
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Some long serials...borrowed from the infamous one:

WANTED TO BUY

-Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

Jungle Queen ( 1945 ) & Son Of The Guardsman ( 1946 ) daybill images from X Marks The Shop.  

Not Republic, but these Universal and Columbia daybills are rare, and I haven't sighted either of them previously, so I thought I would share them here. 
    Lawrence
    HONDO said:

A larger, if not clearer image Of The Spider's Web original daybill.

What has always seemed odd to me was that a serial was given a'' Suitable only for adults'' censorship rating . I don't believe I have ever seen a serial given a ''Not suitable for children'' rating , let alone a ''Suitable only for adults'' one.

Note the ''For general exhibition'' rating on the 1939 Australian newspaper advertisement.

Was it perhaps possible the original rating that appears on the daybill was printed in error? With the either late 1940's or early 1950's re-issue poster was it also possible the re-issue rating was copied from the original daybill, then noticing the error the rating was  blacked out on all the copies they had to distrbute? 

This is too cute not to share.

Dunno who snagged it, but its friggen gorgeous!

The Green Archer

edited May 26

The Green Archer ( 1940 )  is certainly a great looking daybill poster. Thanks for sharing.

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence

The Phantom ( 1943 ) Columbia Pictures Australian one sheet.

This image  was recently sent to me by a friend for a poster that is extremely rare. I am not aware that an Australian one sheet of this film has surfaced before... the daybill yes.

Lawrence
  • rockabilly777rockabilly777 Member, The Framer Posts: 633 ✭✭✭ Daybiller

( State Library Of Western Australia - BA 3118 - 33 ) ( also isolated section below )

( Heritage ) 

The Air Mail Mystery ( 1932 ) UniversaL serial  Australian advertising material I thought was worth a look.
    Lawrence

The Last Frontier ( 1932 ). These images were the only ones I could locate from the original release and both are from an Indian herald. You will notice the name Creighton Chaney appearing on it. There are many posters of this film on the internet, but they are all re-release versions with the now changed to Lon Chaney Jr name appearing on them.
    '' This is the only serial; ''distributed by Radio /or RKO Radio Pictures. It was an independent production.'' ( IMDB ).

A rare poster image of The Last Frontier on display in a theatre foyer during the original Australian release.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Lawrence