Skip to content

Week 1 (Carryover) Battle 15 - David vs. Randy (Voting ends 03/06/2015 @ 9PM CST)

David's Posters

1.  Week 1 - "Actor" - Robert Mitchum - Where Danger Lives (1950) Daybill
2.  Week 1 - "Actress" - Rita Hayworth - The Lady From Shanghai (1947) Daybill
3.  Week 1 - "Director" - Steven Spielberg - Jaws (1975) - Daybill
4.  Week 1 - "1960s" - Cleopatra (1963) - French 2P

1. 2. 3. 4 

Randy's Posters

1.  Week 1 - "1960’s" - Love Factor US OS
2.  Week 1 - "Horror" – Nightmare on Elm Street 2 UK Quad
3.  Week 1 - "Japanese" – Halloween Japanese B2
4.  Week 1 - "Director" – Stanley Kubrick - Clockwork Orange RR OS

1. 2. 3. 4 

Comments

• Got to go with Cleo...
  • Man this tough once again.  I had to go with how many of the 4 I want to own.
  • Who throws out a Lady from Shanghai in round 1? 

The pug must have made these choices or David was hitting the wine too hard ;)
  • Great clockwork & love factor-artwork on Danger & Shanghai are fantastic!

@Chris...:rofl:
  • Even the pug cant stop looking at it
  • Man this is difficult, people are sure pulling out the big guns in R1, mind I do notice it's those who sent their posters in last.....
  • Yeah David lol.
  • edited February 2015
    I went with the pet lover angle...

rdavey26 said:
    Yeah David lol.
    I voted for you Randy!

Paul said:
     mind I do notice it's those who sent their posters in last.....

Oh ye of little faith...cynic :ohstop: 
  • I noticed David. Thank you for your vote.

• Come on guys and gals. Whoever hasn't voted vote please. The anticipation is killing me.
  • yeah! Put me out of my misery  already or give me the greatest comeback in the history of the World Poster Battle. I vote for the latter! :)

• Voting ends 03/06/2015

or

Voting ends 6/June/2015

• Oh god you are all going to kill me making me wait that long. I am going to have a stroke and die from the anticipation of this damn World Poster Championship.
  • I'm getting the feeling I should have took this game a bit more seriously, instead of just a bit of whimsey.....
  • I'll take the plate round seriously...
  • rdavey26 said:
    Oh god you are all going to kill me making me wait that long. I am going to have a stroke and die from the anticipation of this damn World Poster Championship.
    Think of it this way...  You could always recruit a new collector to come and vote for you.  I'd attempt to get some of the APF crowd to vote but the last two times I posted they got deleted.  Maybe an el-natural approach would past the smell test over there?  I just want this to be something fun. I'll post on MOPO again tonight, maybe we can get some votes to roll in.
  • edited February 2015
    I wouldn't worry Charlie, it's the biggest poster game on the net....

Maybe next years event may bring in more voters. ;)
  • edited February 2015
    Paul said:
    I wouldn't worry Charlie, it's the biggest poster game on the net....
    On the net? Oh hush....in the WORLD!

Yeah, I wouldn't worry - it's a bit of fun for those of us in it, for those who are not playing along they probably are shaking their heads and pointing because you are bringing down the noble art of poster collecting, ah ermmm... :unamused: 

Thank goodness for the the fact that those who have voted are only taking this as a bit of fun, well done for organising it - more effort than reward, now go organise Cinevent in Austin.
  • If I am going to organize it, it will be in Houston...  My dad use to put on Comic Book and Card conventions before the whole "Comic-Con" explosion...  He would hire players to come sign etc...

I already have the web address reserved... kidding... maybe. ;)
  • Indeed, Many thanks! Lots of fun to watch the votes & comments roll in! :plus_one:
  • David wins 7 to 5
This discussion has been closed.

Logo

For movie poster collectors who know...

@ 2021 Vintage Movie Posters Forum, All rights reserved.

Contact us

info@vintagemoviepostersforum.com

Get In Touch