Skip to content

Big 20th Century Fox Stock Poster Quiz.

13»

Comments

This image was inspired by a 1955 20th Century Fox film. Too easy.

Hondo

• HONDO said:

This image was inspired by a 1955 20th Century Fox film. Too easy.

Hondo

The Racers is the film.
  • edited July 2015

Originally took me a while to work this one out. Clue given earlier on was Caribean.  Based on a best selling novel.

• I definitely would never have gotten that one!

• edited July 2015
    Another clue for two unsolved images from the one film. Ambulance driver.
  • One final clue for tonight. An native American tribes name.
  • Clue - Cole Porter
  • edited July 2015

Both same film. Don't let the stars through you off. Concentrate on the face only.

imageimage

Jennifer Jones & Rock Hudson in A Farewell To Arms ( 1957 )

• Two girls dancing top right hand area is Can- Can ( 1960 ). Clue I gave of Cole Porter gave it away.

• imageimage

Poster image.                                                        Inspired I believe by this image .Any thoughts?

• Inspired by a Republic Picture released in Australia by 20th Century Fox. What is the title?

• Pawnee ( 1957 ) in answer to the above stock poster image.

• Any thoughts as who this is? I believe inspired by a famous screen legend although this facial artwork is dreadful.

• edited July 2015
    HONDO said:

Poster image.                                                        Inspired I believe by this image .Any thoughts?

I believe  Son Of Robin Hood ( 1958 ) is the answer. It fits the time span the other Fox films were released.

• edited July 2015
    H

I think this poster image was inspired by Marilyn Monroe in the 1954 film There's No Business Like Business.

This winds up this quiz.

• NEVER would got that as being from the Marilyn image.
  • Nor I
  • This is only my opinion. All the copied material was from films released by 20th Century  Fox in Australia between 1954 and 1960 and was only inspired by the original material. The poster artist was most likely asked to come up with a generic stock poster  covering different genres and seeing the artist possibly didn't have too many ideas originally he looked through a pile of old 20th Century Fox advertising material to inspire him or her to create a generic poster without having any images being identified. Believe it or not!
  • I thought it was the Hunchwan from Notre...
  • Hunch woman..  Stupid iPhone...