Skip to content

We've jumbled up our categories...

I would like feedback from the member on how they interpret our category system.  I've been trying to sort some of HONDO's posts and am finding they could easily fit into two main categories.  The reason I even looked into this was be he was posting in a category that is hidden and his posts were only showing up in the recent discussions thread.

So we have a

Posters by Country

and 

Poster Research/By Country

Due to the nature of most of these post being Australian related, I've created a new category under Poster Research called "By Country" so we could keep them all grouped.  Some of his post fit fine under the other Poster Research sub categories but some I think either belong in the "Posters by Country"  or "Poster Research/By Country"...  Just would like to hear some thoughts before I get too far into it.

I would like to keep it intuitive if at all possible.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Well I've been thinking and we have really jumbled things up.  In the General Discussions/Posters By.../By Country  we have:

Australian Independent Distributors
    The Printers

We have a redundant place for these under Movie Poster Authentication/Poster Research/Printing and Distribution.

So here is what I am going to do:

We define the General Discussions/Posters By.../By Country as a place to show off our posters and ask opinion related questions (such as the most sought after Australian One Sheet) - Best/Worst Artwork etc...

We define any resulting factual inquiries and or information as poster authentication/research.

I will restructure the Poster Research Category as such

Nice to See You Again (Re-Releases): Renamed to "Dating the Poster"
    - The Real McCoy: Renamed to Authentication
    - Printing and Distribution: Renamed to Printing, Distribution, and Display
         + Add SubCat: Poster Printers
         + Add SubCat: Poster Distribution and Display
    - Film Studios
    - Add Cat: X-Files - The Unexplained
    Research - Sources of Information: Renamed to Helpful Research Links
    - Miscellaneous

- By Country:  Delete By Country

I will then move the factual inquiries and/or information to the research thread and leave the General Discussions/Posters By.../By Country  as a place to post images and opinion related posts.

I will leave Dating the Daybill where it is, since it's David's baby but place a thread with link within the renamed Dating the Poster Category.

• Works for me
  • Seems good. Although I did get a bit disoriented by the phrase, "resulting factual inquiries"  =)
  • That is research speak for "I know what I am talking about...".   ;)  
  • :rofl: 
  • That I can tell. They don't hand out Young Engineer of the Year awards to just anybody! :peace: 

-your research of the Harry Potter ISBN issue was thorough to say the least!
  • We've jumbled up our categories...

Yes, yes we have