September 2015

edited September 2015 in Recent Acquisitions
I've had quite a few adding to the bulk. Here are a few

Running Wild (1955) - US 1SH

There's No Business Like Show Business (1954) - Daybill

Bonnie and Clyde (1967) - Daybill

In The Heat OF The Night (1967) - Daybill

Comments

• Running Wild is cool and stay away from Monroe old man....this is your first and last warning! :p
  • Agree, Running Wild is cool
  • old man???
    I already have quite a few nice Marilyns, would love a couple more
  • I got called old man a dozen times today at work and they didn't know it was my bday....so I'm just passing on the love
  • Luv running wild! 
  • edited September 2015
    Lebanese poster for FUEGO. The girl of the pics is not Isabel Sarli. The green headeds are.

Fuego (1969) - Lebanese Movie Poster

• Early in the morning here...I originally read that as Lesbian poster...was thinking, WTF is a lesbian poster...:)  Need some coffee obviously.
  • Nice Bonnie and Clyde, one of my favourite posters
  • I see Sarli drool...
  • Nice Lesbian poster, lots of Sarli drool too.
  • I applaud the smut peddling efforts
  • Seriously, if men had breasts...NOTHING would ever get done.
  • Seriously, if men had breasts...NOTHING would ever get done.
    Fondling is a form of getting something done :D
  • CSM said:
    Seriously, if men had breasts...NOTHING would ever get done.
    Fondling is a form of getting something done :D

Thanks for proving my point =)
  • Continuing my theme of non-Australian posters (you will note how I title the poster before posting a picture of it, afterall Matt did ask nicely)

Bus Stop (1956) - French Grande

• Nice David-like the way Murray is standing on CinemaScope title. ...oh, Marilyn looks nice too...
  • Great size the Grande format, and love the image of Monroe. Would pack a punch framed
  • edited September 2015

A couple of new ones for me.

Sorry I could not embed the image with the new software upgrade. Google drive is a bit restrictive with embedding images.

Anyway here they are!

Man from Laramie Daybill

This was out of the collection for a while and greatly missed. Now back in the collection and getting lots of love. Perhaps my favourite James Stewart western Check out the blu ray, it is first class restoration.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2QlXlnukMP5UXJ0eC05OWl2eE0

Shenondoah German A1 Style B

Ok I've never liked any paper on this title until I spotted the Style B German A1. The artwork could honour any James Stewart western which is why I love it so much

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2QlXlnukMP5Q3QzazI4T285WTg

• Shame about Google Drive not allowing image embedding, seems it is a common issue everywhere.

Man from Laramie is very nice however, excellent detail

• Man from Laramir is very nice! Always loved the colors/imagery of that title. Yeah, I've had no real interest in getting Shenondoah either. US versions not too exciting. 

But your German copy is wow! Great imagery of tree, horses. Color is bold & unique, as is the large Stewart! Very cool pickup! :plus_one:
  • Glad you finally got the Laramie back in your collection. The colours are so crisp!
  • That German Man from Laramie is fantastic.
  • Shenondoah is fantastic...I love these types of posters with silhouettes...just something about them.
  • I've been sitting on these because I haven't had time to do the daybills... Here are some fabulous OS that Ves sent me:

Thesese Desqueyroux AUS OS

Mood Indigo AUS OS

Red Dog AUS OS

Lucy AUS OS

Death Defying Acts (Zeta-Jones Character) AUS OS (Proof?)

Senna AUS OS

Mad Max Fury Road AUS OS

When I get around to editing the daybills, I'll post those too...
  • I wouldn't recommend sitting on daybills - the corners are too pointy and you'll end with hemorrhoids
  • Ves, did you wear your white gloves because I can see your fingerprints....
  • I watched Mad Max movie last night, poster is waaaay better. Sienna is a great poster and a great movie, quite like Lucy & Red Dog movies too.

All in all great pick-ups Charlie, way to mark the beginning of the no-buy quarter with your recent acquisitions. 

• Matt said:
    Ves, did you wear your white gloves because I can see your fingerprints....

Damnit...need to buy new gloves now!
  • Why did someone produced an ink blotter with STRANGE WORLD imagery is a question without answer, but I thank he who did.