Skip to content

September 2015

Comments

• Good find Matias
  • I thank ebay's saved searches. ;)
  • Matt said:
    Ves, did you wear your white gloves because I can see your fingerprints....

Damnit...need to buy new gloves now!
    Put them on your hands not feet next time

• 110x75 said:
    Why did someone produced an ink blotter with STRANGE WORLD imagery is a question without answer, but I thank he who did.

That's a great find indeed. 
  • edited September 2015

What is this seemingly continuous attraction to Strange World ?

• David said:
    Matt said:
    Ves, did you wear your white gloves because I can see your fingerprints....

Damnit...need to buy new gloves now!
    Put them on your hands not feet next time
    Ah, there you go...always learning I am
  • HONDO said:

What is this seemingly continuous attraction to Strange World ?

I like to research argentinean film history. Strange world is a coproduction between Argentina, Brazil and Germany. It is probably the only national "jungle adventure" film ever. It was made by 2 lawyers and a doctor who entered in the film bussiness in the 30s, starting with documentaries, selling footage to UFA and later doing an decent movie career in Brazil. The history behind this team of amateur filmmakers is somehow more interesting than the film itself. There are not more than 10 copies of the film around and it was never released on vhs, dvd or other domestic formats, so it is almost unknown to the general public -even though it was released theatrically in more than 10 countries- It's a fun film and has one of the more insane escape sequences in history, with the stars running away from indians in a small canoe, surrounded by crocodiles. The animals try to bite them and they hit the bastards in the head with oars (go to hell PETA!) That's some of the reasons...
  • Fascinating information..You have given me more than enough reason to understand your interest in this film. Do you know who holds the copyright ownership for the movie these days? Strange World certainly left United Artists control many years ago.
  • Is Mel selling up?  I vaguely recall something being mentioned...
  • Is Mel selling up?  I vaguely recall something being mentioned...
    Yep, I understand he consigned them all quite sometime ago to Bruce, IIRC most of his was predominately modern, it wasn't until toward the end of his sanity that he started on the older stuff, he certainly got some nice pieces.

I think Charlie has more details.
  • CSM said:
    Good find Matias

Yup and what size is it Matias?
  • I just know Mel is selling because all of the posters I restored for him just sold at the EMP Sept... 
  • Yeah, I saw one he got from me...can't have gotten it anywhere else...hence my question :)
  • HONDO said:
    Fascinating information..You have given me more than enough reason to understand your interest in this film. Do you know who holds the copyright ownership for the movie these days? Strange World certainly left United Artists control many years ago.
    No idea. The german production company dissapeared a few years after the film was made. The argentinean coproducer, San Miguel studios, that handled the argentinean release (including added scenes with local actors) ran out of bussiness in the 60s. United artists released the film worlwide (except in the 3 co-producing countries) but I'm not sure if the owned copyright or just exhibition rights for a certain period...
  • Matt said:
    CSM said:
    Good find Matias

Yup and what size is it Matias?
    It measures 10 7/8" long.

• Size does not matter here Matias...
  • Sorry Í meant T as a letter. :p
  • Might want to say that somewhere else Paleface...I moved it.
  • Ha!  The owners there one time basically explained their forum philosophy this way (I paraphrase...)

The forum is basically one long conversation between Holiday and Thierry (T) ( the owners) as they sit in a bar somewhere while other people come and go.

I.e.  They don't give a shit about any of their members...  
  • The really weird thing is that there are a bunch of great guys/gals that put up with it...  
  • Damn you guys are fast when not sleeping...
  • David said:
    Might want to say that somewhere else Paleface...I moved it.

Keep movin' shit boy
  • A couple of new additions to the collection..
  • PS - Congrats Reg

Bastard! ;)

• Ķaaahhhh booooomm! Well you made the wait and picked up some big bang titles! Both are very nice Reg ! Congrats!