Skip to content

War Movies Quiz

edited September 2015 in Trivia and Games
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             A new quiz for war movie enthusiasts and others. I have started off with one of the easy ones but they will get harder ( at times ).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Comments

• War movies.....I'll stay quiet
  • I've seen the daybill cant remember the title!
  • This to me is the most rewarding quiz when I see the range of quality images available to be used.
  • edited September 2015
    Screaming Eagles (1956)

Screaming Eagles is a 1956 black-and-white World War II film directed by Charles F. Haas and stars Tom Tryon, Jan Merlin and was the film debut of Jacqueline Beer a French Miss Universe 1954 runner up.
  • edited September 2015
    David said:
    Screaming Eagles (1956)

Screaming Eagles is a 1956 black-and-white World War II film directed by Charles F. Haas and stars Tom Tryon, Jan Merlin and was the film debut of Jacqueline Beer a French Miss Universe 1954 runner up.

Image # 1 is correct and informative.
  •                                                                                                                                                                                      Image # 2. name the film title.
  • Image # 2 clue. World War 1. Not too many daybills around dealing with this war.
  •                                                                                                                                                                                          Image # 3. Name the film title.
  • Image # 3 clue. This film had a first for a World War 11 film.
  • Remember Pearl Harbour  ( 1942 )

I think Chris has a copy as well.

• Matt said:

Remember Pearl Harbour  ( 1942 )

I think Chris has a copy as well.

Correct answer. A nice poster.

According to IMDB trivia ''This was the first fictional film dealing with the attack on Pearl Harbor''.

•                                                                                                                                                                                        Image # 4. Name the film title.
  • edited October 2015
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I am surprised no one answered this one. It is a really nice looking daybill. The answer to image # 2 is Zeppelin from 1971.                                                                                                                                                         
  •                                                                                                                                                                                         Image # 5. Name the film title.
  • HONDO said:
                                                                                                                                                                                           Image # 4. Name the film title.

''This movie tells a little known true story of heroism on the part of a small group of ....... navy men''.
  • 4 - Hell Raiders of the Deep
  • Rick said:
    4 - Hell Raiders of the Deep

Yes Hell Raiders Of The Deep from 1953 is correct. For others the clue was Italian.
  •                                                                                                                                                                                          Image # 6. Name the film title.
  • 6 is Decoy (1963)
  • Matt said:
    6 is Decoy (1963)

Correct and aka Mystery Submarine.
  • Image # 7. Name the film title.
  • 7 - Bedford Incident?
  • Rick said:
    7 - Bedford Incident?

Earlier.
  • HONDO said:
                                                                                                                                                                                            Image # 5. Name the film title.
    Columbia Pictures distributed the film.

• 7 is Submarine Command.
  • Submarine Command ( 1951 ) is correct.
  •                                                                                    Image # 8. Name the film title.
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
                                                                                                                                                                                            Image # 5. Name the film title.
    Columbia Pictures distributed the film.

King Rat ( 1965 ) is the answer. A great film and different than most of the  prisoner of war films that mainly concentrated on escape plans. 
  • Image # 8. The film is about the true experiences of a marine hero.
  • Image # 9. Name the Film title.