Skip to content

May 2016

Comments

• Jane Fonda...mmmmatt!
  • Ooh la la.... 
  • very nice posters
  • Great color on the Italians! Nice Matt!
  • I wish I had the funds to start picking up photobusters, nice one Matt, especially Jane..
  • This appeared briefly on the radar, a successful deal made and another one off the list.

The Falcon Out West (1944) - US1SH

• edited May 2016

Sweet, David! appears to be restored nicely!

I'm gonna have to bid on one of those Falcon's one of these days...nice graphics...they don't seem to come up too often.

• edited May 2016
    Thanks Mark - this one came via someone who mainly deals in LCs which I tend to ignore, but I swooped when the poster appeared.
  • Cool! You certainly have nice swooping abilities! :smiley:

• Most vintage movie poster collectors do  =)

• Cool poster. How many left to collect?
  • Four I think (list not handy)
  • @Matt nice photobustas..
    @David lovely falcon, closing the loop
  • edited May 2016
    Sven said:

@David  closing the loop
    Indeed...

3 to go it seems
    5 if you count the failed releases in 1948/49 which weren't really part of the series per se, just technically were claimed to be.
    13 if you count the Saint series by RKO which ran from 1938-1941, five of which starred George Sanders in the titular role before he jumped ship to play The Falcon in an almost direct knock off the Saint.
    14 if you count the one film done by Hammer 12 years after the last RKO one.

So yep, getting real close, exciting!  =)
  • David said:
    Sven said:

@David  closing the loop
    Indeed...

3 to go it seems
    5 if you count the failed releases in 1948/49 which weren't really part of the series per se, just technically were claimed to be.
    13 if you count the Saint series by RKO which ran from 1938-1941, five of which starred George Sanders in the titular role before he jumped ship to play The Falcon in an almost direct knock off the Saint.
    14 if you count the one film done by Hammer 12 years after the last RKO one.

So yep, getting real close, exciting!  =)
    Hah! For some reason i thought you were just collecting the aussie falcon one sheets, but given you are also collecting the US paper for the series i will keel an extra eye out for you. 

I would love a falcon in danger, on my want list!

• Thanks Sven!

As a rule I target the US1SH, I added an Aussie 1SH a while back as the title was hard to find, and the AU I got a couple of years ago was part of the under the floorboard find so for the history alone I had to keep it.
  • Been looking for this bastard for a long time. Got it. One less.

Deesse20des20incas20120x160_zpsnjfhj1
  • I had to look it up, The Goddess of the Incas?

Hard to find much on the actress or the film - must have been harder to find the poster. Well done
  • Very cool poster, Matias!

• Translation is correct David, that was the title of "Strange world" in France.
    Angelika Hauff was an austrian actress, a gorgeous one.

• Very cool poster, Matias!

Thanks Mark! Will go fine along the other french one

• edited May 2016

Another nice piece! Love the full length actress, and the gators at the bottom!

and in nice condition, too.

• Cute!
  • Great stuff Matias!

My turn...

• edited May 2016
    Well that would be the most eclectic haul I've ever seen!
  • Total Recall is a winner
  • 110x75 said:
    Total Recall is a winner
    Yes it is and creepy as well.
  • I bought the Total Recall to put up at the office.  Once I was giving a presentation on Automated Vehicles at a conference and described the levels of NHTSA Automation at level 3 being Demolition Man and Level 4 being Johnny Cab!

• I also have been infatuated with Diane Lane... I have another poster on its way that I am excited about.
  • Nice B&W's! Yeah...Diane Lane...sexy!