Skip to content

What's Your Favorite Bogart Movie?

Seeing Rosa's avatar makes me think Bogart films...what's your favorite & why? Does it correspond with a cool looking poster? 

I'll go first... =)

Comments

• While I'm really tempted to go with The Big Sleep, I have to go with Dark Passage, 1947!

It's got a fantastic supporting cast, Bruce Bennett, Agnes Morehead, Clifton Young and of course, Lauren Becall. I like that it's set in San Francisco; he gets plastic surgery & you don't see Bogie for about 25 or so mins; mid '40s furniture & deco are neat and the ending is perfect!

Cool scene with interior view of her apt. 

Sweet!...

• Casablanca ..i watch..rewatch..always pick up on new things each time..love it! 
  • I  agree 100% with Sven. Casablanca is great and no matter how many times one views if it still remains an awesome film which one never tires of.
  • Is it favorite movie or his best performance? For me they are very different.

But for favorite, I agree with just about everyone. Casablanca is a virtually flawless film!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• The Big Sleep no doubt!
  • Big Sleep novel by Chandler also very good!
  • Ohhhh Mark......I'm in trouble... you are asking me to pick just... one  =) 

I guess my favorite  has to be The African Queen. He really is superb. 

• While I'm really tempted to go with The Big Sleep, I have to go with Dark Passage, 1947!

It's got a fantastic supporting cast, Bruce Bennett, Agnes Morehead, Clifton Young and of course, Lauren Becall. I like that it's set in San Francisco; he gets plastic surgery & you don't see Bogie for about 25 or so mins; mid '40s furniture & deco are neat and the ending is perfect!

Cool scene with interior view of her apt. 

Sweet!...

I need to watch this one again. It has been a while.i do recall some funny dialogues here. And the Martinati poster for this film is gooooooorgeous....