Skip to content

US Mini Sheets

I've noticed that in recent years, there's a style of poster that's becoming fairly common which seems to be referred to as a 'mini sheet'. Most are around 11 x 17 inches, but some are as large as 13.5 x 20. As a daybill collector, a poster that's 13.5 x 20 is pretty close to what the last 'official' daybills measured up as. 

Has anyone had much to do with these? Or do most people consider them promo flyers rather than a legit poster?

An example of a 'near daybill' size 'mini sheet' (13.5" x 20"):

JENNIFERS-BODY-MEGAN-FOX-13-5x20-PROMO-MOVIE-POSTER 

Comments

• I've picked up a few in my time.

A lot of times, the artwork on them is different to the one sheets, or you even get the odd character sets in that size.

Bit big to be a flyer for me...

• edited September 2016
    Have they been displayed in theatres? What are they described as in the press-sheets? 

11" x 17" in stationary sizes is actually a standard US paper size referred to as Ledger/Tabloid.
  • Sorry...are we talking the Mini's typically 13 x 20?  Or the A4 size flyers?

The mini's I have definitely seen up and around theatres.

The flyers tended to sit on tables or counters near ticket sales or food sales for you to pick up, with some theatres even having display stands for them, so you could pick up a whole bunch...this was back in the day when we still went out you see...who knows now!

• edited September 2016
    Well according to EMP the mini poster has been around since the '70s but interestingly he doesn't list any Australian sales:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/tag/xtype%3Amini%20poster/sort/5/tag/extra%3Afirst/archive.html

I tend to go with Ves and agree (in Australia) they are more than likely to be 'flyers' rather than posters or even 'special posters', but again, the 11x17 size is a standard in the US
  • Remember that in some cases the reason we don't show any results for a type might be that they sell for very little, rather than that they are extremely rare.

I try to only list mini posters on really good titles, because there seems to be very few people (if any) who collect that size.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com