Skip to content

A Christmas Carol / Scrooge (1951) - daybill?

Hi guys and gals!

I watched this film last night and realised that I don't think I've ever seen a daybill for it. Does anyone know if the film was shown in Australian cinemas?

Comments

• Pancho said:
    Hi guys and gals!

I watched this film last night and realised that I don't think I've ever seen a daybill for it. Does anyone know if the film was shown in Australian cinemas?

It indeed was released in Australia in December1951 under the title A Christmas Carol through 20th Century Fox. The release in Australia under this title was not the normal practice at the time as the usual practice was to release British films under the original British release title, which in this case was Scrooge. Why they went with the U.S.A. release title of A Christmas Carol in Australia to me appears because all distribution outside of the U.K. was altered after the U.K release to the more friendly sounding title A Christmas Carol.I have never sighted a daybill or any Australian paper of any description so it appears the rarest of the rare.
  • Any paper on Scrooge in the UK is also very scarce, I think it's just one of those titles...
  • Dang!

Keep waiting to ask one of these questions and get a PM from someone saying: "Hey! I have a spare!"  =)
  • A U.K. quad on eBay now for sale, but very expensive.
  • Same one I have..