Skip to content

June 2017

12346»

Comments

• Very few that have an honest view.  Most would be like Mel collecting Legally Blonde as a view into law school, or I.Q. as a view into physics at Princeton with Einstein.

I did pick up Hidden Figures, but again, many liberties were taken with those women's contributions.  The film sort of trivialized them.
  • HereComesMongo said:
    A few from HA and eBay:

Mel, that Bond poster is beautiful. I've never seen that style from OHMSS before. I'm a Lazenby fan & OHMSS is my favorite Bond film...well done!

• I've wanted this for years. Sadly it is back-boarded in a frame but the seller was just down the road so i grabbed it and it will look nice on the wall.
  • Still.. its s cracker! Well done Rick!
  • it's July too...should have started a new topic!
  • Nice one Rick!
  • That's the stuff...

• Hey! I'm no horror collector, but that's a very sweet Mummy! 
  • Creepy cool Rick....
  • Well done Rick.
  • HONDO said:
    Sven said:
    Matt said:
    Sven said:
    @Matt what are the printer details for that daybill?

Gilprint Litho Sydney
    Thx Matt. Never come across a daybill with thosr printer details. Wonder what other daybills they printed.. 
    Gilprint Litho Sydney, apart from printing the Above us The Waves daybill also printed the BEF 1956 re-release daybill  of the 1940's originally released The Big Top. They appeared to have printed BEF titles only around 1956. There were a couple of other minor British titles I remember seeling daybills of printed by BEF also, but I cannot bring their titles to mind.
    Under The Southern Cross  ( 1954 ) documentary released in Australia by BEF in 1956 and You  Lucky People ( 1955 ) released in Australia by BEF in mid 1957 were a couple more of the limited number of film posters printed by Gilprint.
  • Congrats on the Mummy Rick - definitely one of my favs