Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• Good grief!  Think of all the trees!

But if he stored it with the item, how did he know what he had?

• edited August 2017
    I picked up a collection of 1,000+ posters that the (deceased) owner had meticulously kept a spreadsheet on every poster and where it was stored, type and so on...if he had photos it would have saved me so much time.
  • edited August 2017
    All y'all crazy!

Super-simple to organize your collection with a photo application like Aperture or Adobe Lightroom.

Just import the photo of your poster and 30 seconds to "tag" it with labels like decade, size, price range, etc.

Then create "smart" albums, ex. all 1930s posters, as shown below:

• Can yer run reports to work out what you have in certain categories?
  • Aperture is for Apple and is discontinued software since replaced by Photos (by Apple)

Adobe Lightroom costs either as individual software or as part of Creative Cloud. I know a lot of photographers use Lightroom for just what Mel suggest and some minor editing (not as good as Photoshop). 

However if not all your collection is photographed, then obviously not a lot of point. 
  • Oh Apple CRAP!  Bah...spreadsheet it is!

• edited August 2017
    1) I very rarely photograph my posters. I just download a photo of an poster in similar condition from HA, IMPawards, or internet searches.

2) Apple is a trillion dollar company in no small part b/c it offers easy-to-use software.

3) But if you don't like Apple, you should buy Adobe Photoshop Elements (US $70), which includes Photo Organizer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/how-to/organizer-overview.html

4) I'm not sure what you mean by "reports."

Once you "tag" your photo with "keywords" (decade, price range, etc.), it will automatically appear in the relevant "smart" albums.

For example, in 30 seconds I created a "smart" album for all "comedy" films/photos worth U.S. $75 or more:

• 2) Apple is a trillion dollar company in no small part b/c it offers easy-to-use software.

Fanboi
  • 1) I very rarely photograph my posters. I just download a photo of an poster in similar condition from HA, IMPawards, or internet searches.

2) Apple is a trillion dollar company in no small part b/c it offers easy-to-use software.

3) But if you don't like Apple, you should buy Adobe Photoshop Elements (US $70), which includes Photo Organizer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/how-to/organizer-overview.html

4) I'm not sure what you mean by "reports."

Once you "tag" your photo with "keywords" (decade, price range, etc.), it will automatically appear in the relevant "smart" albums.

For example, in 30 seconds I created a "smart" album for all "comedy" films/photos worth U.S. $75 or more:

Yeah I pretty much have to photograph everything as finding images for most of them online is near impossible.  Most of the time the images that come up are mine! :)

I jest re apple...I don't like the way they lock everything down so you can't fiddle...I'm a fiddler!

As for reports, so if I want to see all the posters where I paid over a certain amount of money, can I do that?

• We have a hurricane coming!!! Pray for Mathias' posters... (and mine too)
  • Good luck Charlie!  Stay safe
  • No disrespect, just pointing out the objective evidence:

• About what?

He's an Apple fanboi...this is what they do. :)
  • Charlie said:
    We have a hurricane coming!!! Pray for Mathias' posters... (and mine too)
    Throw some old ones out to the wind with a message on the bottom, see where they end up.

And take care...

• 3) But if you don't like Apple, you should buy Adobe Photoshop Elements (US $70),

I'd rather buy more posters. =)
  • Charlie said:
    We have a hurricane coming!!! Pray for Mathias' posters... (and mine too)

:)
  • Have I been spelling Matias's name wrong all these years or is it Charlie..? 
  • The H is silent...and invisible, only certain people can see it.
  • edited August 2017
    It's probably me... Sorry buddy!  It's basically Matthew in English and my brain gets mixed up.
  • Faired ok in the carnage Charlie?
  • Faired ok in the carnage Charlie?
    It is just starting...  My dad will probably lose his river house and their main house might flood.  The eye wall looks like a direct hit in the river area. We should be ok here in Houston minus power outages and some flooding.
  • David said:
    The H is silent...and invisible, only certain people can see it.
    =)

I've been called many names, so an extra "H" is nothing... ;)

• Charlie said:
    Faired ok in the carnage Charlie?
     My dad will probably lose his river house and their main house might flood. 
    WTF? Really?
  • edited August 2017
    If you aren't on FB in one of the poster groups then you've missed this:

http://news.sky.com/video/couple-build-cinema-in-their-garden-10713859

A bloody mazing

More here:

• Charlie said:
    Faired ok in the carnage Charlie?
    It is just starting...  My dad will probably lose his river house and their main house might flood.  The eye wall looks like a direct hit in the river area. We should be ok here in Houston minus power outages and some flooding.
    Hang tough, Charlie!  The flooding on the coast is gonna be catastrophic, 3-4 ft of rain over the next few days.  I watched Harvey make land fall near Corpus Christi and the winds were incredible. Well over 130 mph.  Stay safe brodog!
  • OH FECK!

Nothing but positive waves being put out there for everyone.

Stay safe.

• 3-4 foot of rain is like a years' worth here. Crikey!!!

Hope all goes well in these hard times Charlie.