Skip to content

Comments

• =)  Awesome start to the month.  Well done Sir!
  • Sweet Chris! Great Noir titles....but my neck hurts!.... ;)

• Half Sheets:

• Love the Waterfront (at least it went to a good home :( Not my home which would be better and closer, but...)
  • =)  Awesome start to the month.  Well done Sir!
    Thanks ma'am! ;)
    Thanks!  I am trying to use Google drive in place of Photobucket.  Are the photos showing sideways as posted or only when you click on them to enlarge??
  • I see no pics at all....
  • Image may contain 1 person smiling text 13x40 1930s original
  • Love the Waterfront (at least it went to a good home :( Not my home which would be better and closer, but...)
    I was very excited to see it :)  But upon arrival I have concerns it could be somewhat faded :(  It was not described as such and you do not see that too often at all with daybills...it is possibly just a 'lighter' print run but was disappointing - oh well!
  • Such fine noir taste  chris, congrats!

Great jail house rock half sheet Rick..its a beauty and comes with a complimentary aussie snipe 
  • On the Waterfront looks just great. My Squatter's Daughter wasn't as described either - it was listed as a 13x30 1950s re-release so i was pleasantly surprised when my suspicions proved to be true and it turned out to be a long daybill.
  • Sven said:
    Such fine noir taste  chris, congrats!

Great jail house rock half sheet Rick..its a beauty and comes with a complimentary aussie snipe 

It is the only U.S. half sheet I have ever seen with Australian censorship attached. I have never heard of U.S. half sheets being used in Australia.
    Thanks!  I am trying to use Google drive in place of Photobucket.  Are the photos showing sideways as posted or only when you click on them to enlarge??
    Nice start Chris.

All photos look fine, not sideways etc.
  • Lawrence i have inserts and 1/2sh of Come Blow Your Horn with Aussie censor tags, maybe others

• Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Interesting. Thanks Rick. A question for Bruce then. Lobby cards were regularly used in Australia and black and white stills were commonly used also , but do you remember seeing any U.S. half sheets, inserts or any other poster sizes with Australian censorship snipes attached ?

I see them just fine the right way up.
    Love the Waterfront (at least it went to a good home :( Not my home which would be better and closer, but...)
    I was very excited to see it :)  But upon arrival I have concerns it could be somewhat faded :(  It was not described as such and you do not see that too often at all with daybills...it is possibly just a 'lighter' print run but was disappointing - oh well!

It looks AOK to me...probably just a lighter print...nah on second thoughts, that's crap!  Send it back to Australia where it belongs (you know my address)
    Rick said:
    On the Waterfront looks just great. My Squatter's Daughter wasn't as described either - it was listed as a 13x30 1950s re-release so i was pleasantly surprised when my suspicions proved to be true and it turned out to be a long daybill.

Congrats on this version...recently got this one myself.  I've never seen nor heard of a 50s release for this film so was a safe bet I'm sure!

• HONDO said:
    Interesting. Thanks Rick. A question for Bruce then. Lobby cards were regularly used in Australia and black and white stills were commonly used also , but do you remember seeing any U.S. half sheets, inserts or any other poster sizes with Australian censorship snipes attached ?
    I think the vast majority of U.S. stuff that was used was lobby cards and that half-sheet is the ONLY U.S. poster I can remember. But on the other hand, that Australian film critic (Bill something) that had a huge collection did have a bunch of half-sheets, but maybe he bought those from the U.S.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• Bill Collins!  I used to love watching his introduction to the movies on the weekend.
  • Bill Collins!  I used to love watching his introduction to the movies on the weekend.
    Absolutely, a very charming person who built a little excitement into the movie you were about to watch.

Alas, a lost art now as no one could replicate the way Bill did his intros!!! 
  • Rob said:
    Bill Collins!  I used to love watching his introduction to the movies on the weekend.
    Absolutely, a very charming person who built a little excitement into the movie you were about to watch.

Alas, a lost art now as no one could replicate the way Bill did his intros!!! 
    Great memories of bill and classic movies. Pity our kids wont get that same magic. I mostly remember lots of westerns.

One western i have a image of but cant remember  the title of was a scene in a dark canyon at night,  the fort at the end of the canyon. Indians making suprise attacks at night..
  • I vaguely remember Bill doing an intro for War of the Worlds in the mid 70's and by the time he finished I was almost too scared to watch the movie.......

He built is up slowly and when he finished, as a 10 year old I was practically terrified before the movie started!!

• edited October 2017
    Many years ago I went to Australia and went to Bill's house and bought a bunch of posters from him. Sadly I was there for only three days!

Two years before I went to Australia and New Zealand for a full 30 days. Best month of my life!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!

• Untamed Youth is a mess. Girls fighting, couple dancing, Mamie's pose. I love it.
  • 110x75 said:
    Untamed Youth is a mess. Girls fighting, couple dancing, Mamie's pose. I love it.