Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• There must be some HUGE border Collie out there somewhere, flipping cars like frisbees.
  • Photobucket test....

Wow! Photobucket seems to be working again! 
  • Funny...
  • I'd have a cool tag too if I rolled in a Lamb:

• Photobucket test....

riiiight
  • David said:
    Photobucket test....

riiiight

:angry:
  • I thought of posting in pre-code thread, but it really doesn't fit.  Video is of a 102 year old woman who was a chorus dancer in the30s and 40s.  A filmmaker comes to visit and brings clips of her dancing.  She had never seen herself on film.

https://youtu.be/bktozJWbLQg
  • It certainly made one 102 year old lady very happy. Thanks for sharing it with us. 
  • Oh what a sweetheart!
  • Mel Gibson has left the "penalty box":

• I never got the "penalty box"... So what?  A traditional Catholic spewed an antisemitic rant? - It's been going on since they killed Jesus...
  • His infractions are minor compared to what's happening now.
  • Oh you boys are being far too charitable to him.

Just one incident (of many): In July 2010, Gibson had been recorded during a phone call with Oksana Grigorieva suggesting that if she got "raped by a pack of n*ggers," she would be to blame.

He hasn't "rehabilitated" one bit IMO.
  • I never said he was forgiven, just that his actions were minor compared to the current problems. 
  • edited November 2017
    The more paper I see from Monogram Pictures from the 1930's, the more I'm eager to buy it! Great artwork! 

•   

I agree Monogram posters from the 1930's were great, along with their 1940's posters. I like these two. Mr. Wong Detective ( 1938 ) and Navy Secrets( 1939).
  • I WANT THAT TELEPHONE OPERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nice ones, Lawrence! 

I agree, Ves. It really caught my eye as I was searching through their movies.

I think the reason I like daybills so much and these early Minigram posters, or many posters from the 30s is the artwork & colors are so spectacular! And the stone litho on many make them a joy to look at. 

Now, lotta waiting till they come up for sale....
  • Totally obscure movie, but Best of 2017 IMO:

• My sis's family is visiting Miami, so I sent her this and got back a thumbs up!

• Why didn't you tell her to go to Michigan....?

• edited November 2017

Ah, the good old "is this a DVD" question.

I don't recall DVD's coming in 27"x40", rolled and single sided...

Been a while since I've had that one!

• Stopped wearing watches decades ago, but wish I had $24K for this one!

• Ditto - about that long for me too, I have two lovely watches that I don't wear anymore, I just don't need to know the time like I used to.
  • David said:
    Ditto - about that long for me too, I have two lovely watches that I don't wear anymore, I just don't need to know the time like I used to.
    I always have my phone with the time.  I have a Casio with GPS synch and solar charging and a nice Salvador Dali limp watch for dress occasions, but haven't worn either in several years.
  • My bro-in-law makes an obscene salary as an investment banker and says it's a "job requirement" to wear fancy watches to impress colleagues/clients.
  • My neighbour in Sydney was a watch collector and wore two watches, one was worth $20K, the other 8K - the $250K collection wasn't too shabby either, yet none helped him pour the red wine fast enough...
  • My other half loves watches too.  Apart from a couple of choice pieces, thankfully he has refrained from going gangbusters!