Skip to content

Star Wars vs Disney - Who Wins?

Dear Mel

As a Disney fan I should like to remind you of the Photoshopping I did a few years ago.

Case closed.

Comments

• UH Disney... Disney owns Star Wars and will soon own the distribution rights to the first 6 films when they buy 20th Century Fox.  
  • edited November 2017
    By the way I have been a minuscule shareholder for about 5 years now and you just can't beat Disney right now.  When they buy 20th Century Fox they will have the rights to X-Men and can then include them in new crossover Marvel movies.  A win for everyone!
  • Ha, passable Pshopping D  B)

But Disney was brilliant for buying Lucasfilm for ‘only’ 4 bill.The 1st 2 movies made 3 bill and they can use SW in their parks.
  • Yeah they should just rename the two Hollywood Studios parks Star Wars Land and move on...  The last time I was there they were 70% Star Wars and 30% crap that is waiting to be torn down for Star Wars.
  • Mickey Mouse is going to lead you SW biatches around by the nose for years. And Pluto to replace the tall hairy one edit: Chewtobacco by SW EP Nyne
  • David said:
    Mickey Mouse is going to lead you SW biatches around by the nose for years. And Pluto to replace the tall hairy one edit: Chewtobacco by SW EP Nyne
    I don't understand your illiterate ramblings but I think you meant:

• I was talking nerd talk, what you SW uber-fans do isn't it?
  • David said:
    I was talking nerd talk, what you SW uber-fans do isn't it?
    Yup.

He looks a lot better, obviously. Worst thing about US, 40% of adults are obese, especially as you go down the socio-economic ladder.

So anybody hereabouts lost similar weight.
  • Well-connected fanboys!

• edited November 2017
    Unholy alliance between Disney andStar Wars!

• Nerdfest
  • Doesn't Lion King (ah-hem: Disney animation) still have the best average opening?
  • Noooooow it makes sense...

• David DELIGHTS over this depraved cruelty!

• Gotta milk the SW cow!

• Some of our members must be so excited

• Well it has gotten me back into the theater at least once a year.  Just so it doesn't get ruined by spoilers.
  • You own Disney too?
  • Recovering from a crappy case of the flu-found these really nice comparisons of the original 1977 realease and the many alterations Lucas made in 1981? 1997, 2004, 2011....

• This is why I still buy the physical discs.  In addition to the fact that Netflix, amazon and others have stock that rotates, my films don't change over time.

Han always shoots first on my laserdisc.
    The twin towers still stand on several 90s flicks.
    Actors who become stars don't get to 'make it never was' on their embarrassing early stuff.
    etc

• 100% with George Lucas on this.

Generally, an artist can revise his/her work as s/he sees fit.

More importantly, the studio did not support him or the movie in '77 and under-financed it, so he rightly "corrected" it later.
  • 100% with George Lucas on this.

Generally, an artist can revise his/her work as s/he sees fit.

More importantly, the studio did not support him or the movie in '77 and under-financed it, so he rightly "corrected" it later.
    I agree that an artist has the right to change a piece of work; that he was under funded (was 20th Cent Fox the 3rd or 4th studio he pitched it to?), but how many studios were looking to promote a space opera in 1977? 

I have issue with character changes & changes just to inject more cgi, etc....and because he should allow anyone to purchase the original theatrical version with all it's warts, as I'm sure he feels it has. I want to watch the movie I saw in '77, not some slick cgi enhanced version-but thats my personal thoughts. I'll say this, good thing he hired that carpenter or this all might not have worked out so well.... :)