Skip to content

March 2018

1235»

Comments

• Picked up this 1913 UK 3 Sheet yesterday, loved the artwork! 

• Great posters everyone.
    Congrats on the Half Sheet Jay.

And your Knight it spectacular Wil!  BIG!
  • Cheers Ves, I was stationed beside Chepstow Castle for a number of years, so thought an English knight on duty would look great on display in my new pad.  B)
  • jayn_j said:

me, yesterday.  Half sheet, style B.  Never seen it before.

Very nice, Jay! 
  • Picked up this 1913 UK 3 Sheet yesterday, loved the artwork! 

Very nice, Wil! Artwork is impressive!
  • Lawd knows when I acquired it, but I found it last night when I was looking for An Affair To Remember.
    Couldn't think where else to put it.

• Nice stuff guys!  Keep it coming...
  • “ ‘Tis but a scratch”

Gorgeous Ivanhoe, and beautiful Hepburn! Superb!
  • Rare Undercurrent Australian one sheet. We can't blame the Australian poster artist responsible, as the person was only copying the U.S.A. artwork which has the actress looking more like Rita Hayworth than Katherine Hepburn. The two Robert Taylor images are spot on though.
  • Nice Ves!
    Agreed!
  • You Can't See Round Corners Australian One Sheet

Whim purchase, and its really quite loverly.  Another one crossed of the aussie cinema list!
  • edited April 2018
    Love it Ves, great use of bold colours! 
  • I was thinking about your knight Wil.  Please do post a picture in the walls thread when he goes up.
    I can imagine he would be quite imposing at that size, and depending on where he goes in your house, guests might get a bit of a shock!  Always have to be so careful with the big ones...
  • Agree Ves, the new house has a huge amount of wall space and I've started installing a gallery track/wire drop system (https://artiteq.ecwid.com/Click-Rail-c13181314) to allow quick/easy rearrangements without damaging the newly painted walls, so I'm sure I'll end up moving him around quite a bit until 'King Baggot' finds his permanent 'post'.

I also think framing will be a tad daunting, not just the cost  :), but the frame itself. I'm actually leaning towards a white moulding? Would certainly allow the St George's cross to remain the focal point. 

As a bit of triva, I read today that King Baggot was labeled at the time "the most photographed man in the world" and "the man who's face is as familiar as the man in the moon!". Also classed as the nations first movie star and first actor to ever have his name appear above the title on a films credits.

• Ummm Ves, you don't collect one sheets. Long DB's is your gig...leave the one sheets to me.

Biatch. :p

• Wha?  You see something you likeee?  You know where I am and you know what to bring with you!
  • edited April 2018
    Agree Ves, the new house has a huge amount of wall space and I've started installing a gallery track/wire drop system (https://artiteq.ecwid.com/Click-Rail-c13181314) to allow quick/easy rearrangements without damaging the newly painted walls, so I'm sure I'll end up moving him around quite a bit until 'King Baggot' finds his permanent 'post'.

I also think framing will be a tad daunting, not just the cost  :), but the frame itself. I'm actually leaning towards a white moulding? Would certainly allow the St George's cross to remain the focal point. 

As a bit of triva, I read today that King Baggot was labeled at the time "the most photographed man in the world" and "the man who's face is as familiar as the man in the moon!". Also classed as the nations first movie star and first actor to ever have his name appear above the title on a films credits.

Great hanging system.  I have this at my place too.  Life is so much easier than banging holes in walls and missing studs!

As for framing...weight will be your biggest enemy.  Go plexi my friend, and avoid glass!  Bit more expensive, but much much lighter and safer.

I kid you not...for the first few weeks after the big ones went up at our place, I would walk very very gingerly under them!
  • You Can't See Round Corners Australian One Sheet

Whim purchase, and its really quite loverly.  Another one crossed of the aussie cinema list!
    Nice colors & design on this one!
  • Great  design on you can't see around the corners Ves!

Ivanhoe is a special poster Will, well done!

I had a few goes on a couple of posters at HA signature but no wins...ah well. Too disciplined these days. 

• Lawd knows when I acquired it, but I found it last night when I was looking for An Affair To Remember.
    Couldn't think where else to put it.

Very nice.  Only thing is that it doesn't look like Kathrine Hepburn at all.  Taylor and Mitchum, yeah.
  • Agree Jay, though as Lawrence says...just a copy of the US unfortunately: