Skip to content

Val Lewton Missing Daybills ( and other Australian posters )

2»

Comments

• Oh goodie!  Can't wait.
  • Enjoying this thread  :)
  • Another nice newspaper advertisement from 1943 of the double bill presentation of I Walked With A Zombie & Cat People in Australia.

• The 7th Victim - Australian daybill

The Leopard Man - Australian Daybill

The Ghost Ship - Australian daybill

The great The 7th Victim, The Leopard Man and The Ghost Ship Simmons RKO daybill images are back.
  • Such gorgeous posters.  Hands up who wouldn't like a set of these!
  • lovely indeed, really like Leopard Man

• Out of the total of eleven Val Lewton films that he produced for the B unit at RKO Radio Pictures, I started this thread with displaying four daybill images that I was aware of at the time. With some help Chris came up with a daybill image of one title and then Ves produced three more images. This then made a total or eight Val Lewton daybill images available to be viewed. This leaves three titles with daybill images yet to be found. Please keep you eyes looking out for the following three films daybill images.

The U.SA. inserts are fabulous and going on Simmons, the missing daybill printers track record the daybills they produced for these titles should be great also.

All the so far found eight Australian daybill images I have tidied up and grouped together for your viewing pleasure.

• Man...wouldn't you like that mini collection!

• HONDO said:

Out of the total of eleven Val Lewton films that he produced for the B unit at RKO Radio Pictures, I started this thread with displaying four daybill images that I was aware of at the time. With some help Chris came up with a daybill image of one title and then Ves produced three more images. This then made a total or eight Val Lewton daybill images available to be viewed. This leaves three titles with daybill images yet to be found. Please keep you eyes looking out for the following three films daybill images.

The U.SA. inserts are fabulous and going on Simmons, the missing daybill printers track record the daybills they produced for these titles should be great also.

All the so far found eight Australian daybill images I have tidied up and grouped together for your viewing pleasure.

Five years on and still no sign of the three missing daybill images.

A real pity, but one never knows, and perhaps they will surface one day, We can only hope that this will tunn out to be the case.
  •   

We still haven't sighted an original full colour Simmons printed Australian daybill of A Walked With A Zombie, but the next best thing appears above in the form of what it looks like.

Bruce currently has three Val Lewton Australian press sheets up for auction on his website. The three film titles are Cat People, The Leopard Man and I Walked With a Zombie. It anyone is interested in seeing what all the Australian sized posters that were printed for these Val Lewton film titles look like they can be checked out on Bruce's website.

A rare and wonderful find for the three press sheets to surface. I am now keener than ever to see the I Walked With a Zombie  colour daybill image turn up.
  • edited October 2023

The total selection of the Australian poster artwork for I Walked With A Zombie for the record.
  •                                                                                               

The total Australian poster selection for Cat People and The Leopard Man also for the record.

What a beautiful sight the original Simmons artwork would have looked like. 
  • Great discoveryI Walked daybill moves into number one position from this series IMO.