Skip to content

Recent hangings...

Comments

• Nice! Thick framing adds to the impressive posters!
  • Yeah, I like the combination of sword and lightsaber.
  • Fantastic Will! KNIGHT VS KNIGHT! 
  • Looks great! It's gotta make you smile every time you walk past, and that's really what it's all about.  :)

Matt said:
    Yeah, I like the combination of sword and lightsaber.
    That's what she said.
  • edited October 2018

Just realised today that it's been almost 2 years since I swapped out any posters.

• Spectacular-iffic! Looks great!
  • Great Matt!
  • Show off! ? Great colours Matt.
  • Looks great, Matt!
  • Spectacular Matt!
  • Houdini is lovely
  • I'm almost embarrassed to submit this after the awesome-r Matt's last entry, but I matted and framed up a romantic-y themed lobby from Rock Around the Clock earlier today. Next up, a Mexican lobby (yes, I'm serious). I know you'll all be thrilled to see that.  ;)

rock around the clock framed lobby

B)  B)
  • Lisa Gaye looking very sultry. Hubba hubba!
  • Matt said:
    Lisa Gaye looking very sultry. Hubba hubba!
    Certainly looked liked her sister.
  • HONDO said:
    Matt said:
    Lisa Gaye looking very sultry. Hubba hubba!
    Certainly looked liked her sister.
    I had to look her (and them) up, but you're definitely right. She looked like both her sisters. 

When I was framing the lobby, the Mrs asked me who the gal was. I didn't know then (and was too busy finishing the job to look it up), but I can tell her now. Thanks!  :)  
  • edited October 2018

For the record for those maybe wondering, the sister that I was referring to was the lovely actress Debra Paget, seen above. Both sisters could dance.
  • HONDO said:

Both sisters could dance.
    That dance IS one that stays in your brain!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• That Paget dance was no doubt the inspiration for:

• Debra seen here dancing in Princess Of The Nile ( 1954 ).

• As promised (or threatened), and feel free to look away while you still can, the recently matted and framed Mex lobby. If I had the wall space, I'd snap a pic of it in it's natural habitat. That'll have to come during a poster decorating swap sometime. Anyhow, wimmins with questionable life choices from south of the border:

mujeres sin manana mexican lobby card framed

B)  B)
  • Fantastic Rock!
  • The card really pops with that choice of mat, congrats!
  • Good work on that mexican!
  • Thanks, guys. Mexican lobbies take a lot of crap, but some of ‘em do have some great border art, and they’re much more durable than the 1 sheets themselves. I’d love to have the poster for this title, but even if I did, it would probably be prohibitively fragile.
  • Agree, the mat really gives it a boost! And really liking the hand grabbing artwork! 
  • As usually happens sometime on the weekend, I spent some time in the poster lair today joining up a thrift store frame with something from the poster archives. This time around it was an 18x24 frame with a Corpse Came C.O.D. window card. The window card has damage at the top, so I had to cover more of the blank space than I otherwise would have, but it turned out okay. 
    The card previous to framing (this must've been an extremely well lighted seller's pic)

corpse came COD window card 2

The card seems to have yellowed since I bought it a year or 2 ago, but still looks pretty presentable in the frame. I really need to look for something to frame that doesn't require red matting. I like it, but a change would be nice.  :)  Despite the usual photo crappiness, this was probably the 10th pic I took of this thing to try and eliminate lights and all kinds of reflections. My continued apologies for continued substandard photography. Mark takes great pics with his old iPhone, this is what I get with mine. Ugh.

corpse came COD window card framed

B)  B)
  • Looks cool Matt! 

I fully understand your glare problem, I can only take photos of hung posters at night. Too many windows at my place.
  • Yeah, I think hanging these things to take pictures of ‘em would help. I’ll have to find a non-permanent spot to hang recently framed ones just to get pics. Better lighting would likely help as well. 
  • Really nice, great choice mat colour and nice to see something other than white or black used. 

Like Matt, I also agree with the glare issue, I pretty much live in a sun drenched glass box and can only photograph my frames at nighttime.