Skip to content

Your Best of 2018

Comments

• National Velvet is sweet! I’ve got a few to post momentarily. 
  • Here’s a sweet DB I got in exchange for some backing work thanks, Wil!

Another DB-love the artwork on this Hope-Richardson! Via one of our own—thanks Ves!  :)

• edited December 2018
    I like the artwork of Tristana Charlie . Can imagined it would frame very nicely. Has elegance to it!

Well you linen  backing services pay back in golden daybills, they are terrific Mark!!

For me my Star Wars pre oscar quad is the winner. 
  • Tristana is fantastic. Colours pop on that Richardson Mark and you can never have enough Star Wars!
  • Expecting to see a couple of Kongs posted!!
  • Sven said:

Show off! 
  • Sven said:
    Expecting to see a couple of Kongs posted!!
    I'll wait until it's framed :smiley:

I reckon the two I posted on Studio C the other day (no point duplicating the images here) Ice Cold and Psycho are in the top 5, with Kong, Snow White and SW 3 Sheet slotting in there somewhere 
  • Sven said:

I reckon the two I posted on Studio C the other day (no point duplicating the images here) Ice Cold and Psycho are in the top 5, with Kong, Snow White and SW 3 Sheet slotting in there somewhere 
    You've had a good year on finds Will! Lucky bloke!
  • Sven said:
    Sven said:

You've had a good year on finds Will! Lucky bloke!
    You've done pretty well yourself Sven. B)
  • edited December 2018
    You'll struggle to top that in 2019 Craig! 
  • You rock Craig! Forgot about that Superman! You've had a great 2018 of top quality acquisitions!
    Bargain..that flying saucers!
  • Super nice paper! Keep me coming...
  • Two?!! 2001’s, sweet!! And Flying Saucers is very cool!!!

• 1SH Magnificent Matador 1955

For the imagery not the sport, never seen the movie.

AND a solitary toe!  

AND a solitary toe!  
    Toe or thong is Craigs watermark 
  • Nice Matador! Colors really make it! ??
  • I just realized that was the US version of Cynthia.  I was gifted a very nice Australian OS and daybill of Cynthia but I don't have a picture of it.  :/
  • Some personal highlights:

• Born to be Bad is sweet!  Mummy -Wow!
  • Sweet Chris!!
  • Sweet stuff, you people! Glad to see a couple argentineans, and of course, any Kong must be considered in every "best" list of anything :)

Was a slow year, but I managed to get some things that make me happy.

This one is going to the friendliest house in Texas as we speak:

And these two are now part of the world's most comprehensive collection of "Strange World" memorabilia (and probably the only one). Ultra rare fotobustas I didn't even knew existed until someone listed them for sale

• Nice Argentine one there. I also like posters from there. I picked up a weird one for a serial The Clutching Hand. Art by Balza.

My other best 2 were a UK Quad for Sorry Wrong Number and a 1 sheet featuring the future Charlie Chan Warner Oland and Hoppy, William Boyd.

• Great Night Monster Matias!

And love that quad Dave
  • darolo said:
    Nice Argentine one there. I also like posters from there. I picked up a weird one for a serial The Clutching Hand. Art by Balza.

Amazing!!!!
  • Great Night Monster Matias!
    Thanks, mate. Old Bela is always a sure shot.
  • Matais! That Kuma Tzai Kuma is fantastic! The colors and artwork are amazing! Nice one!
  • Awesome stuff.  Keep me coming - hard to believe it is only 8 days until the new year.