Skip to content

February 2019

No-one's posted yet? Hold my beer - I'm going in!

image2jpeg

image1jpeg

image3jpeg

Comments

• 80's Blake Films daybills were often printed in pretty low numbers, so I'm excited with 'Waitress!' Video daybills are always groovy - even if they're not 'official' daybills and the 14th Mandolin posters are always fun to grab if the opportunity arises.
  • can't see the photos!
  • Well, if January turned out to be a little quiet on the poster front, February took off like a rocket. I'm sure some of these bridge the two months, but I don't recall offhand which is which. At any rate, it's going to take a couple posts to include them all. We'll start with a handful of posters:

This half sheet has some condition issues, and I put a small bid in on it thinking I probably wouldn't get it, but here it is. More teens-gone-wrong:

date bait half sheet poor

This half sheet is from the late 60's, and not all that exciting visually, but it came cheaply enough and I like the crash-o-rama tagline on top:

pit stop half sheet

Not exactly one of the iconic or sought after teen titles, but I like all the visual elements in this one, so a good purchase here:
    in between age insert

I already have a condition-challenged half sheet for this title, but I'm quite happy to have this very good condition 1 sheet:

devil on wheels one sheet

And lastly for now, paper is a bit more hard to come by on this title, so I'm pretty happy to have this half sheet:

delinquent daughters half sheet

B)  :)B)

• Again, some really nice paper to have in one’s collection! Really liking the In-Between Age, and the colors/design with car on Devil on Wheels is extra sweet! It’ll look great framed one day!
  • Thanks, Mark. You’re always quick and generous with kind words. 
  • Smokin Rock...date bait and delinquent daughters draw me in..lots going on! Well done!
  • Thanks, Sven. I appreciate the supportive words. I meant to post some more this morning before work, but time got away from me. Maybe later.  :)
  • Great stuff Rock!
  • Thanks very much, Charlie!

Here's the second wave of movie ephemera purchasing for Feb-roo-airy. This time around is pretty much pressbook-o-rama. Most of these came as a lot, so the first few aren't anything to write home about:

Definitely dull.
    cheri pressbook

Also pretty meh.
    bachelor in paris pressbook

Yawnsville.
    vicki pressbook

At least with this one we get illicit love.
    passionelle pressbook

Getting warmer.
    temptress pressbook

Definitely the vibe we're looking for.
    fire under her skin pressbook

And finally, this is pretty much what I bought the lot for. Kind of a placeholder until I can get the one sheet.
    weak and the wicked pressbook

Now that we're done with the lot purchase, here's one that I bought separately, knowing the likelihood of me ever owning a Terror From The Year 5000 poster is pretty slim. A pressbook will have to do.
     screaming skull - terror from the year 5000 pressbook

That's all I'll bore you with for now, but there's more yet to post.

B)  B)
  • Gees Rock,  you're on fire!
  • I’m not addicted, I can quit anytime I want. I’m not addicted, I can quit anytime I want. 
    (etc, ad nauseam)

p.s. thanks, MK.  :)
  • Good heavens, it's eerily quiet around here. Just to make good on my threat to post the rest of my recent purchases, here we go.

Since anything poster sized will likely remain out of fiscal reach for a while, I picked up this lobby card set so I can display something (i suppose i do have a pressbook already) from this title. For some reason, almost all have a bit cut off the bottom border, but they look pretty good and should frame up nicely:

high school hellcats lobby set

Hmmmm. I've noticed that when I copy and paste photos from Wordpress, that not all of the pic shows here. I wonder what's up with that? Anyhow, carrying on, this one is in fair condition, but it's a fun title and will be good to put up on the wall now and again:

corpse came cod 1 sheet

This one is just a title card, and a companion to the 1 sheet I got previously:

devil on wheels title card

And lastly for now, I've been looking for something other than lobbies for this title for some time, and finally scored a half sheet:

satan in skirts half sheet

B)  :)B)
  • Boy you have been busy in the first part of the month...  Nice!
  • Thank you again, Charlie.
  • Nice Lobby’s Rock! Colors on Corpse are really cool!
  • Rock definitely owns this month! 
  • You're in charge, Rock
  • edited February 2019
    Wow Rock! You are coming up with some really nice paper! Well done!! 
  • Thanks very much, guys. Again, I'm not sure what's up with the partial pics, but I apologize for the technical snafu.
  • 1946 - The Outlaw (R52)

1953 - Beast From 20,000 Fathoms

• Rock's been throwing all the punches so far and now Chris with an upper cut and a left hook!
  • Beautiful Chris! I was thinking yesterday i wouldn't mind me a beast 50,000 fathoms! The artwork is one of the best from 1950s sci fi daybills , the striking red tones work so well...boy me want one!!!!!!!!!
  • An Outlaw daybill, Chris? Really? Man you know how to hurt a guy. Kidding aside, great purchases on both counts!
  • Just wonderful, Chris.... those are timeless pieces. Both will look great framed. 
     B) 
  • two of the greatest aussie daybills, well done Chris
  • Image may contain 2 people text

Image may contain 3 people

Image may contain 1 person

Image may contain 4 people people smiling
    Image may contain 8 people people smiling

nothing to match those beauties but still some nice new daybills

• They certainly are! What a haul! Well done, Rick!  :)
  • Valerie is beautiful!
  • Lovely colorful paper Rick! Well done sir!
  • edited February 2019
    Wow! Smiling Ghost, Voodoo Tiger, They Won’t Believe Me....so many nice pieces! 

Oops! Forgot to mention those dandy Richardson’s!!!